Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Off Topic...I NEED to MOVE!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I live next door to my in-laws....Enough said right!! Haha...Well anywat, my 3 year old is very stubborn, as am I...So she is at the pushing limits stage, and so she is constantly having tantrums....And she has this ear piercing scream as if someone is beating her!! My MIL just came storming over and wisks her out of the house because she couldn't handle me treating her like "this"......I was putting her in time out for hitting me, I changed the channel on the TV! Then while she was in time out, she kicked her 1 YO brother for coming near her!! Screaming the whole time of course...She won't stay seated in time out, so I am constantly putting her back in her spot...So now it's a game....I'm soooo sick of living near them! Then my father in law will take her outside and do anything she wants with her, then my mother in law will saddle up her horse, and let her ride the horse...And here I am trying to teach her that if she acts up she will be punished!! I'm soooo irritated! She is good for me until about 4pm, and thats when my mother in law comes home from work!! I'm so over this!!

Oh and when Brianna is in one of her fits,there is NO talking to her...she just screams and screams and scream....And I just don't want to give her what she wants to make her stop!! I want her to understand that she just can't act like that....But I don't know what to do!!! I'm so lost...I feel like they think I am an awful parent....I just can't handle someone over stepping my parenting methods!! Ughhh

toddler girlin love~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:35 PM
I would be beyon pissed if my inlaws interfered with time out or when you're trying to discipline her. They have noooo business doing that! I'd want to move too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crispysmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Id move! That would drive me absolutely crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Can you have your husband talk to them and explain that you are trying to discipline her and teach her that she can't have her way all of the time and their undermining is creating more problems.

Quoting army_wifey_06:

I would be beyon pissed if my inlaws interfered with time out or when you're trying to discipline her. They have noooo business doing that! I'd want to move too!

Lilypie - (wn9y)

Mom2Bria
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Ughhh..He is just as bad as they are!!! EVERY time I try to punish her, he is like...It's ok Brianna, you don't have to do time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then when he has the kids while I am at work he lets them get away with ANYTHING so of course there is no crying or screaming then!!  Even my sitter gets her attitude!! But Bria minds her well, so it doesn't get much past a whimper! So now here I am walking on egg shells to keep my 1 yo and my 3 yo happy so I don't have to defend myself, or why they are crying!! I feel like a battered person!! haha

Quoting aehanrahan:

Can you have your husband talk to them and explain that you are trying to discipline her and teach her that she can't have her way all of the time and their undermining is creating more problems.

Quoting army_wifey_06:

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM

UGH!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM

UMMM YOUR house YOUR child, time to lock the door and refuse to let them in!! They have NO right to come over and take your child for whatever reason.

Your hubby needs to stand up to them too!

BUT the big thing here is YOU are there YOU are the PARENT YOU say NO!

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Wow. I would make hubby get on board with you. Maybe watch one of the super nanny episodes & say something like,'wow. We should put together a plan like that so the kids aren't like that in a year!' & then hint that you are going to make a plan. Make a plan, tell DH everyone needs to follow it, & then when your in-laws come over, point to the plan or rule board
'she broke rule #1 - safe hands, so her consequence is a time out. It's right on the board. You can get her for fun things later'

4 year olds will get out of control quickly & will get worse unless everyone is consistent.

Just my thoughts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

And if hubby cannot get on board, he is the one who moves. Dead serious.

Khuerta
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM
i agree. this is part of the many reasons I left my ex. he would constantly undermine my parenting the same way in front of the kids and i will not accept that. the girls and i moved out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danichaos
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:24 AM

couldn't have said it better myself

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Wow. I would make hubby get on board with you. Maybe watch one of the super nanny episodes & say something like,'wow. We should put together a plan like that so the kids aren't like that in a year!' & then hint that you are going to make a plan. Make a plan, tell DH everyone needs to follow it, & then when your in-laws come over, point to the plan or rule board
'she broke rule #1 - safe hands, so her consequence is a time out. It's right on the board. You can get her for fun things later'

4 year olds will get out of control quickly & will get worse unless everyone is consistent.

Just my thoughts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)