• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My supply sucks!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
I started fenugreek on monday, I only took 6 pills that day since I bought it at noon, but it's now Wednesday and I've taken 3,3x's a day. My son still can't latch well( he has a short tongue) I have to use that Sns thing and finger train him, he can't take a bottle right either .. I still nurse him which is what he prefers, I have tried every bottle the breastflow is the only one he can kinda take but with nursing and bottle feedig it isn't enough so he has to be finger fed.
But I pump, and try to nurse my baby but my supply has taken a huge dive and he lost alot of weight and now he has to have some formula just to survive!

What can I do to boost supply? Does fenugreek not work for some people? Is there anything else I can take, try, eat ..do?
I want him only on breastmilk so I'll try anything, anything safe obviously.

Sara..Breastfeeding...Pro Vaccinating...Time Out Giving...No Cio...Disposible Diapering...Anti-Abortion...Hug And Kisses Loving Mother of 2 Beautiful Boys or 3 I'f You Count DH. =]

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Here is some information for you.  http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html

bnbskaggs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM
I took motherlove more milk and it worked great! It has a horrible taste but I mix with a little oj to get it down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Quoting bnbskaggs:

I took motherlove more milk and it worked great! It has a horrible taste but I mix with a little oj to get it down

I'm going to try this thank you :)

Sara..Breastfeeding...Pro Vaccinating...Time Out Giving...No Cio...Disposible Diapering...Anti-Abortion...Hug And Kisses Loving Mother of 2 Beautiful Boys or 3 I'f You Count DH. =]

ruthie11617

There's mother's milk tea, oatmeal, just being good and hydrated. With the fenugreek, I've been told that when you are taking enough, your sweat, your milk, and baby will all smell like maple syrup.

saraface5383
Quoting aehanrahan:

Here is some information for you.  http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html

thank you!

saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quoting ruthie11617:

There's mother's milk tea, oatmeal, just being good and hydrated. With the fenugreek, I've been told that when you are taking enough, your sweat, your milk, and baby will all smell like maple syrup.

I actually have the tea I forgot to add that, lol I don't smell so maybe I'm not taking enough?

lifetimelove
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM

My understanding is that a "short tongue" is a tongue tie.  It sounds like he really needs his tongue tie fixed, it can cause a lot of problems (some of which you're already seeing with breastfeeding), now and down the road. 

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I agree.

Quoting lifetimelove:

My understanding is that a "short tongue" is a tongue tie.  It sounds like he really needs his tongue tie fixed, it can cause a lot of problems (some of which you're already seeing with breastfeeding), now and down the road. 

ruthie11617
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM

It might take more than a couple days with the fenugreek to see a difference. I'm not an expert, but I do know that herbs (for the most part) are different than some meds and they have to "build up" in the body before you see a difference. It's been that way with the herbs we've given DS for various things and the herbs that I've taken for various things.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM

If you do not smell like maple, you are not taking enough fenugreek.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)