Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is eating like a newborn! (i'm worried)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter will be a year on september 2nd and we are doing baby led solids. she eats very little of solids,most of it goes on the floor or in her hair! she nurses all the time, sometimes only an hour apart. i'm worried that i wont be able to produce enough milk for her now. i know crazy thought, but i just want to make sure she can still grow off of my milk. and that i have enough for her, sometimes she is fussy at the breast like its not coming quick enough of like she wants more.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Shes perfect, if she needs more nutrition your BM will change and adapt for her and she will eat more solids.  After a year your supply is pretty steady, it takes alot for it to lower...

Sounds like your LO is getting 12 month molars

Susan0805
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

sounds like teething or a growth spurt to me...

CuSukha
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Don't worry about it. We introduced solids a bit before 6 months, at 8 months she was eating solids maybe once a week. At a year it was still sporadic and at 18 months is when she started eating everyday. Now she'll be 2 on saturday and is just really getting into the swing of eating 3 meals.

maggiemom2000
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Totally normal! When she needs/is ready for more solids she will let you know! She will demand more! She's not asking for more right now because she doesn't need it.

Just like your body knew just the right amount of milk to make for her at 12 weeks old, it will know to make the right amount at 12 months old.

If it helps, My DD was nursing at least 12 times in 24 hrs on her first birthday.
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Quoting Susan0805:

sounds like teething or a growth spurt to me...

CadensMommy813
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:20 PM

thanks so much, it helps ease my mind!

UkranianMom2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM

My 11 month old who will be one on the 10th next month has been nursing more the past month than he did while he was 5-8 months old. It's probably a growth spurt with teething. I wouldn't worry. You're making enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)