Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need reassurance

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
I feel silky even asking this, but I am concerned regarding the return of my period today. My little man is 11 weeks old. With my DD I didn't get it back until she was 6 months old.

Is it possible he's not eating enough and that's why I got it so much earlier than normal? He has plenty of wet/dirty diapers so I wouldn't think this is the case. He absoulutely refuses to comfort nurse (though I keep offering) preferring his hand instead. Could this be why? He also doesn't spend much time at the breast, because he is super efficient and "empties" it in 10 minutes. Maybe it's just the whole each pregnancy is different thing?

Like I said, I feel silly asking this. My logical mind says it's all probably ok. I just need some reassurance. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama02040608
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM
All those reasons are probably why your period has returned. But every experience is different in and of itself. I have personally had a range from 6-13 months with return of my period. But as long as baby is content and gaining and making diapers, he (and you) are fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Periods are weird..theres no way of knowing what made it come back.  I got mine back at 5 weeks PP and I know my guy was nursing like a mad man at that point.

MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM
My period came back at 9 weeks. I still breastfed for 21 1/2 months. All of those reasons could be the reason you have your period back. Sorry! But I'm sure if he is having plenty of wets that you're doing just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
It sounds like he's healthy and gaining weight, so no worries! The fact that he is a quick nurser and likes to suck on his hand instead of the breast for comfort could explain why your period came back earlier. Every baby is different! As long as he is happy and healthy, and you are allowing him to have the breast whenever he wants, everything is fine!
MommaSiete
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM

It's different for every mom and for every pregnancy. I wouldn't sweat it.

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Igt could be that not one of your concerns is the case. I've known moms to get their periods at six weeks, with constant nursing. Aunt Flo does as she will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)