• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keep pumping?? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

OK I have been pumping since day 3, I pump every morning, I have missed 2 morning pumpings EVER, a year apart BOTH while on vacation.  I work fulltime and I pumped at work 2-3 times til I summer break started.  Today was the first day back.  I did not pump while I was gone at all, been away off and on the past 2 weeks and didnt pump so I took my pump just in case today but I was fine.  Asher takes NO milk while I am gone, just solids and water.  I do donate milk though.  SIGH I kept pumping with my last one til 19 months, I feel guilty for considering stopping now.  I only get 1.5-2oz from that morning session, no clue what I would get daytime....should I stop? If I did pump I have to get up at like 6am instead of 630-7(depending on the day)...if I pumped at work I would have midday/lunch to do it on prob then. Oh what to do

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM

He's 15.5 months btw

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Is Asher drinking any of the pumped milk?  I know this might sound selfish, but if you're only pumping so that you can donate, I personally would stop.  You have done a wonderful thing for a long time.  You should feel proud, not guilty for wanting to stop.  If you need to pump for your own child, then do so, but if you feel like you want to stop donating, then you should do that too.  You can't save the world, ya know. <3

boom_maker
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM
I stopped pumping when my first was about 10mo old. He flat out refused pumped milk, he self weaned at 29mo. He took solids while I was at work and still nursed 6-10xs at day.
If I were you I wouldn't bother pumping anymore or maybe just once a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

NOPE he doesnt take any milk while I am gone.  Hes never had frozen milk just fresh and I don't pump enough to give him more than 2 oz an he likes 3 oz bottles..I dont want him having another bottle but he refuses my milk in a sippy too.

I have donated over 2000oz this time and have about 60oz in the freezer to donate when she gets back from vacation, sure its only 2 days worth of milk for her but still its like a MONTH for me.  I feel very lucky/proud of doing that.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM
That's awesome that you donate! IDK, I probably wouldn't pump anymore just because your LO doesn't take it anyways. But it's your decision - if I had commited to donating & donated that much, I would probably think about continuing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I just posted and asked for advice in my FB group and the momma I donate to is on vacation...didnt think she'd be on FB lol..she came on and said since I hooked her up with a momma where she is she has tons of milk and she should be fine..to hang up the horns.  I have about 150 oz in my freezer for her JUST in case so I guess I will see how tomorrow goes with no pumping

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:24 AM
I was just thinking about you and this issue and going back to work. I don't have any advice except follow your heart on this. (((HUGS))) and good luck with your decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:02 AM

As a donor receiver, I think you're awesome to have kept pumping for so long just for her!  But as a former EPer, I would say stop pumping lol.  Since she has another donor I would just stop pumping personally

momadrift
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:05 AM
You could wean yourself off the pump instead of stopping cold turkey. Dead fridge killed my freezer stash, but once I get it built back up, I want to start donating. Pass the torch Tabi! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachermama81
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:06 AM

*HUGS*  I'd stop pumping...I was terrified to stop pumping but now that I have...yeah.  I'm glad I did.  I was ready to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)