Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My "milks" are uneven.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
Its pretty noticable too. Is there anyway I can make the small one bigger to match the big one? Maybe pumping it or something..?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
freshmom88
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:41 AM
It's very normal. Nothing u can do about it really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM

You can offer or pump the smalle side... but that's about it. And often what seems very obvious to you is pretty much invisible to everyone else, so take heart!

hempmommy87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM

My boobs were uneven before I had Avery and even more so now. It's pretty noticable lol. I've even had him nurse on the smaller one a lot more and nothing. I like to just say he's got two different sizes choose from haha!

maggiemom2000
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Every one has a more productive side, with some people it is more noticeable than others. It is only a cosmetic problem, not a problem for baby. If you want you can try offering the smaller side first more frequently. Offer first small, small, big, small, small, big, etc
jenny1o1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I always feel which one is bigger before a feeding and have him nurse off that one.. Also, I have cotton nursing bras and you can't tell as bad in those.  If I switch to a regular bra it's very obvious.BTW I'm sure I look pretty funny feeling each boob before sitting down with ds. lol

baby2zacharias
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM
LOL! I do that too : )

Quoting jenny1o1:

I always feel which one is bigger before a feeding and have him nurse off that one.. Also, I have cotton nursing bras and you can't tell as bad in those.  If I switch to a regular bra it's very obvious.BTW I'm sure I look pretty funny feeling each boob before sitting down with ds. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:23 AM
http://www.menstrual-cycle.info/137-Breast-asymmetry.html BREAST ASSYMETRY IS NORMAL! :) here are some reasons breasts may be assymetrical http://guides.wkbw.com/Breast_Asymmetry-a1106812.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSue87
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM

mine were that way too, but if i were to pump on the bigger side, the more it would produce. lol, now its not as noticable, wish there were something i could tell you, but there wasnt anything that i could do. unless you want to layer those leaking pad things in there lol.

anunderwood
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM

If it makes you feel any better, My dd refused my left side from the very beginning. I tried everything to get her to latch to it an couldn't. My right side has picked up the slack and for the past 20 months, she has only nursed from that one side. The size difference is huge! My left side is a B and my right is a D cup!!! I have to stuff the smaller side just to make my shirts fit right. I wouldn't change it though because I have been able to nurse my dd for so long but sometimes I look forward to them evening out. I just wish the left side would grow to match the right instead of the other way :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)