Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Solids. Who needs em?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM
  • 7 Replies
My baby is not interested in them. I don't care either! She's only 4 months old & I plan on waiting a few more months (or more)! Help me explain to my (hubby's) nosey fam that my daughter will be perfectly fine on bm alone!!!

(formerly PUMPKIN1117)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Char07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Show them that it is never recommended to give babies solids before 6 months and that doing so can damage their insides and raise their risk for allergies plus more.  Im pretty sure both the AAP and WHO do NOT recommend giving babies anything other than breastmilk in the first 6 months :)

Alissa210
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Go on Kellymom.com there's a good article on there called "why delay solids"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geronima2003
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I took my son to his 4 month checkup and she said I could start feeding him solids, however that's the one thing I didn't tell my husband. I want him to be at least 6 months before anyone tries to feed him anything other than BM

Blue_Spiral
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Dude, at 7 months my son had no interest in solids. 4 months is way too young for a baby to need solids. There's no reason at all to give it and it's actually harmful. There's a reason she doesn't want it!

Babies should not be given solids before 6-7 months, and most breastfed babies are fine without anything other than breastmilk for an entire year.

Here is some great information to give your family on why to delay solids.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html

Melame68
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM
I just look at the baby...my son is almost 4 months. Can't even sit up assisted. He's still a tiny infant...how could anyone feed him anything but milk?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Use the kellymom link given along with the AAP & WHO guidelines of no solids until at least 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gfig
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Yup yup..I'm gonna do some printing of all those articles! Lol
It's so irritating to hear how my "poor baby needs food! She needs more milk! How can u only give her 3 oz..." On and on and freaking onnnnnnnn!!! I'm like look! U think she needs more milk?? Here's a boob.. Not enough?? Another boob! Even my hubby says Look at her! She's so small! She doesn't need it. My boys were ready at 4 months but if she's not she's not!! Omg! Do u wanna hear the advice I got? Yah u do.. Lol I didn't ASK for advice btw. "put formula, rice cereal and baby food in a bottle for her." say what?! Why!?! I just said she wasn't interested! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)