Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rice cereal at 3 months...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

A girl I went to high school with said she is going to give her three month old rice cereal today on FB. We are not friends. I barely know her, but I don't want her baby to choke. Should I say something?

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlighthippie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Or woman, rather. We are in our late 20's now lol.

mombloggerJ
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:12 PM

You could just find and post a link about not giving rice cereal to a small baby without comment. . .

Blue_Spiral
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM

There was a woman on here (cafemom) talking about how she gave her baby rice cereal at 2 weeks because he was just so hungry.

*Facepalm*

jnttd
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM
That's what I do. I have a FB friend who was feeding her 4mo jarred baby food. I started posting on my wall about the benefits of delaying solids and the fact that you never ever have to puree foods for baby.
Rice cereal? People still use that shit? And that baby is so young. ]:

Quoting mombloggerJ:

You could just find and post a link about not giving rice cereal to a small baby without comment. . .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyras_Mama29
I'd say something like just be careful and don't force her to take it. she could choke on it. someone i went to school with posted a picture of her 7 month old daughter eating a powdered donut today. i was shocked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
Wtf?!

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

There was a woman on here (cafemom) talking about how she gave her baby rice cereal at 2 weeks because he was just so hungry.

*Facepalm*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiK
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I probably wouldn't say anything. She's gonna do what she wants anyway. One of my friends gave her baby rice cereal at two months and let him chew on pizza crusts at six months. Everyone does things their own way I guess.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

*Facepalm*

only one?  I think I've seen many!  And many start 'putting it in the bottle' on day 1, or week 1.........the weird thing is that so many people here advise against it, yet they still do it!

FLmommy0204
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I usually just ask a question so it doesn't sound forceful.  Or something like this:  "Oh, I thought it was recommended for 6 months or later.  I'll have to double check."  If parent is concerned they will double check.  If they are not, it proably doesn't matter what you say.  KWIM

PS LOVE your pic!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM
This is a good way to do it.

Quoting FLmommy0204:

I usually just ask a question so it doesn't sound forceful.  Or something like this:  "Oh, I thought it was recommended for 6 months or later.  I'll have to double check."  If parent is concerned they will double check.  If they are not, it proably doesn't matter what you say.  KWIM

PS LOVE your pic!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)