Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

We have thrush. AGAIN

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

FML. No wonder she's been fartin. I gotta go to walgreens tomorrow and get some lotramin or something. It's Lotramin AF right? Do I wash before I feed her or what? I'm taking 2 doses of probiotics and a capsule of garlic.

What should I do for DD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I highly recommend Gentian Violet for the both of you. put a little on a qtip, paint her mouth with it. Let her nurse. It will stain her mouth purple & your nipples too (and anything else it touches). but once a day for 5 days is soooo much easier!

Apr1l
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Sorry. Ugh we had it on an off throughout the 14 mons. I used gentian violet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM

My pediatrician gave us a prescription when DS had thrush.  I applied it to his mouth and my nipples.  It worked great.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Yes, the lotrimin needs to be washed off before nursing. The gentian violet would be easier since you do not wash it off and it treats both you and the baby at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:21 PM

that is called Nystatin and since it contains sugar in most cases, especially reoccuring or extreme infections it doesn't help and can even make it worse. I'm glad it worked for you. We tried 3 different rounds of it and it never worked. the Gentian Violet helped us the 1st time within the first 2 days it was better!

Quoting amyjane22:

My pediatrician gave us a prescription when DS had thrush.  I applied it to his mouth and my nipples.  It worked great.

pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN