Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice please it hurts!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

My dd will be a week old tomorrow .. my left nipple feels like someone is sawing it off when she feeds .. her latch is the same as on the right and ive tried changing the hold when she eats .. i cant make it feel better .. it is still sore when she is done too but since nothings touching it it doesnt hurt .. should i tell the doc? which one .. her ped or i go to the ob on thursday .. or should i use the wic breastfeeding helper lady?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilangel_4206
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM
All of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmom72
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I'm no pro but this is the only place I can think of that you can call & reach a caring person anytime- search the link in your area & they can talk to through it, or just listen. http://www.lllusa.org/groups.php  If you want to talk to the LC with WIC. :) hang in there.

SalemWitchChild
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

((HUGS)) It does get better. It took me about 6 weeks to really get a good latch on both sides and be comfortable. I just realized one day I wasn't cringing anymore when he latched. We just pushed through the pain. I used my own milk on my nipple and let them air dry. It helped if I pinched above and below my nipple while we were latching so he got all of the nipple in his mouth. My nipples were too big for his little mouth and he didn't like to open up all the way.

annaica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM
For some people the latch in the beginning is awful. Right when you think you have it right, you quickly notice that just isn't the case. Here are a few links and i would also talk to your local LC. Ask for one while at the babys appointment :) http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/breastfeeding/rightstart-techniques/proper-positioning-and-latch-skills
http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/whenlatchingpdf.pdf

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

((HUGS)) It does get better. It took me about 6 weeks to really get a good latch on both sides and be comfortable. I just realized one day I wasn't cringing anymore when he latched. We just pushed through the pain. I used my own milk on my nipple and let them air dry. It helped if I pinched above and below my nipple while we were latching so he got all of the nipple in his mouth. My nipples were too big for his little mouth and he didn't like to open up all the way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahyesme
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM

She has a ped appt tomorrow so I will ask them there and I will ask my ob on thursday and if its still not better by next week I'll call the wic lady :) Thanks for the support ladies! DF is very supportive but can't really understand lol 

sarapunkinpie88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 AM
Could be a neck kink or somethin preventing him from latching right on that side? Like a birth injury?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 AM
Just keep in mind that most pedis know nothing about bfing & most obs know very little

Quoting ahyesme:

She has a ped appt tomorrow so I will ask them there and I will ask my ob on thursday and if its still not better by next week I'll call the wic lady :) Thanks for the support ladies! DF is very supportive but can't really understand lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)