Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT, please pray for a fellow CMer

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poway woman hit by pickup; critically injured

A 36-year-old Poway woman who may have been walking her dog was critically injured Tuesday when she was struck by a small pickup truck in a residential neighborhood, the Sheriff’s Department said.

The accident was reported shortly before 11 a.m. on Valle Verde Road at Dorset Way in Poway, sheriff’s Sgt. Daniel Vengler said.

The pickup driver, a 58-year-old Poway man, was going north on Valle Verde Road, a wide two-lane street, when he lost control of the pickup, Vengler said. The truck hit a street sign at the intersection and dislodged it, he said.

The investigation was ongoing as to how the accident occurred, but there is no indication that drugs or alcohol were involved, Vengler said. At this point, it appears to be “an absolute tragic accident,” he said.

Vengler said the woman may have been walking her dog. The dog was found on the front porch of her residence nearby with its leash attached, he said.

The woman suffered numerous injuries, including a head injury, Vengler said. She was taken by ambulance to Palomar Medical Center inEscondido, where she was listed in critical condition. The pickup driver, whose name was not released, was not injured.

He was not arrested.

Vengler said there were apparently no witnesses to the accident.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeirdraG.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:22 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama23almost4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Hoping she will pull through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Quoting mama23almost4:

Hoping she will pull through.

“My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard.” David Allen

MaddiesMama09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:54 AM
This is horrible! My cousin is a fireman in Poway. I wonder if he responded to this call. Praying for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 AM
Omg!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I hope she's ok. Was she in this group? What was her name? I only ask & I mean no disrespect, but there have been several in the past who have used fake accounts to post articles similar to this one & say it was them as the victim & then sit back & 'get off' on the sympathy. IT's sad. I hope if this is legit that all is well with her & her family. PLEASE don't yell at me for thinking it could be fake, it IS the internet.

lovelimadness
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM
it is very very real. Her sn is 3kingsmom.

Quoting mamabens:

I hope she's ok. Was she in this group? What was her name? I only ask & I mean no disrespect, but there have been several in the past who have used fake accounts to post articles similar to this one & say it was them as the victim & then sit back & 'get off' on the sympathy. IT's sad. I hope if this is legit that all is well with her & her family. PLEASE don't yell at me for thinking it could be fake, it IS the internet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonylena
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM

HOpe she makes a complete recovery!

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Just for anyone who was following this post.  Shay has passed.  There is not brain function and there is no blood flow to her brain.  Her family is allowing machines to keep her heart pumping and oxygen flowing until tomorrow, when donor surgeons can harvest her organs.  Those were her wishes.

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:40 AM
This.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Just for anyone who was following this post.  Shay has passed.  There is not brain function and there is no blood flow to her brain.  Her family is allowing machines to keep her heart pumping and oxygen flowing until tomorrow, when donor surgeons can harvest her organs.  Those were her wishes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)