• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu shots

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
DS is 12 weeks and I am curious if I will want to get the flu shot before he is 6 months old. I did get it while I was pregnant early November of last year. Do I go ahead and get it or wait?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaHome
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Wait.....forever lol

larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM
If you are into the whole flu shot thing, you will want to get another one. You baby is too young to get it and what you got least year is different. They change the flu shot each year for the different strain they think is going to go around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slyjacques
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM

I am in one of those high risk categories with my Asthma so I get a flu shot every year regardless.  I have had the flu when I was younger and didn't get the shots and I don't go without them now.  I guess it depends on wether you take it yearly or not.  I would just to be safe if I were you. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM

If you are ok with Flu Shots then go ahead, we are not ok with them(even supposedly high risk) & have never had any problems. We also eat healthy & bulk up on things like Vit c during cold season.

Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM

We don't vaccinate at all, here's a bump.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1365600/view/1/type/png/width/178/height/178/black-hoser-sweatshirt_design.png

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)