Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any of you run?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • 19 Replies
I ran before I got pregnant.. I stopped as soon as I got prego cause I was soooo sick I just didn't feel up to it.. I wanna get back into it.. My LO is 7 month old now and I wanna run in an up coming 5k to get back in the game... Is it safe? Someone told me it would change my milk? And if it is safe any advice?

Also do any of u use jogging strollers? My hubby and I both run so we will need to bring baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stardar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Really? No one? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I run! Currently on a streak of over 130 days. Ran through my pregnancies. Last one while nursing a toddler. Now I'm nursing 2. My boys are huge, so no it doesn't hurt your milk, that's an old wives tale up there with you can't to anything while pregnant! Just stay hydrated. My double jogger us a Schwinn Turismo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Me!! I'm training for a half (my twins aren't nursing anymore) I also ran a few 5K's while the boys were nursing. 

Yes! Completely fine. It shouldn't do anything to your milk. I did use a jogging stroller when my daughter was little but didn't with my twins. 

larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Yup, I'm training for a half in November. My nurslings are 2 (almost 3) and 7 months. My last half was last year when I was 20 weeks pregnant and my older nurser was not quite 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

Yup, I'm training for a half in November. My nurslings are 2 (almost 3) and 7 months. My last half was last year when I was 20 weeks pregnant and my older nurser was not quite 2.

Oh cool! This will be my first half.. I'm a bit nervous!  

Stardar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM
You ran a half marathon when u were 20 weeks prego? Wow my hero!! :)
My nursling is 7 months.. I'm gonna start with the 5k and work my way up

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Do I need to wear any special bra?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamama619
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I want a jogger, as long as you are eating right and drinking plenty of water your milk should be fine, I am starting to run with my Cane Corso pup and I havn't noticed any change at all

larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM
I am quite overly well endowed, so I wear 3 bras! One regular, with 2 sports over that. Blushing.

Quoting Stardar:

Do I need to wear any special bra?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Yup, I was slow as hell like 2:45, walk breaks galore. But it was for a cousin who had best cancer so I couldn't say no.

Quoting Stardar:

You ran a half marathon when u were 20 weeks prego? Wow my hero!! :)

My nursling is 7 months.. I'm gonna start with the 5k and work my way up

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)