Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 months poop smells different

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is this normal.. One day it just smelt different and it has smelt that way since.. My diet hasn't changed.. He has been getting small tastes of solids for about 3 weeks but nothing substantial.. His poops even smell different when he hasn't had any solids..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

What do you mean by 'different'? Do they look the same still?

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1365600/view/1/type/png/width/178/height/178/black-hoser-sweatshirt_design.png

Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Have you started giving him any vitamins? Does he seem like he might be getting sick? Is he teething?

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1365600/view/1/type/png/width/178/height/178/black-hoser-sweatshirt_design.png

Stardar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Looks the same.. But doesn't smell like the breastmilk poop I'm uses to.. It smells like a formula baby poop its grossing me out.. And he could be teething.. How would I tell

Quoting Randi02:

What do you mean by 'different'? Do they look the same still?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Is he drooling a lot? Has he been fussy?

What is he eating, and how much? You said he has been having 'tastes' of solid food... When my kids were just having little tastes, it still smelled like bf poop, just a little stronger.

When they began eating regularly, it smelled more like 'normal' poop.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM

COULD be his gut sealing..theres a change in poop smells and color when that happens..many moms dont see it because they start solids the same time enough that the solids changed it

Stardar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Drooling alot yes not fussy though.. The only other behavior that has changed is he has been nursing alot at night.. And by tastes I mean a taste of what I'm eating every few days

Quoting Randi02:

What is he eating, and how much? You said he has been having 'tastes' of solid food... When my kids were just having little tastes, it still smelled like bf poop, just a little stronger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisanthropKitty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
The poop tends to change around that age as their gut matures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure then!

My youngest is 13 months old, and still mainly breastfed. Her poop still has no smell, and is a big yellow explosion with chunks of whatever she's been sampling lol.

My older kids were eating a lot more at this point, and that made a difference.

Quoting Stardar:

Drooling alot yes not fussy though.. The only other behavior that has changed is he has been nursing alot at night.. And by tastes I mean a taste of what I'm eating every few days

Quoting Randi02:

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Quoting MisanthropKitty: The poop tends to change around that age as their gut matures.

Crunchy Moms ~ Lactivist ~ Natural Family Planning
                              ♥♥♥♥ Join me in some of these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)