Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help my boob or help wean*long with a pic

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
  • 5 Replies

(I posted this yesturday but I didn't know how to edit on mobile to add a pic. )My ds is 10 1/2 months and I have nursed the entire time. In the beginning we used a nipple shield till he was about 4 months then I weaned him off of it. About a month ago when he sucked it felt like little needles and hurt to bad on my right side I dreaded nursing him on that side well then I realized I had like a yellow scab above my nipple so I picked it off and it was like an open wound. I figured it was maybe from him biting me and that that was what hurt when he nursed. Well I then was pumping off that side and putting nipple cream on it. Well it healed a little and then I didn't think he was getting enough out of my left breast so I started nursing him on that side agian and suffering through the pain. He doesn't take a bottle and he takes a sippy but not very well. And today I looked at my nipple and its really deep wound. Could his teeth be causing this. It hurts sooooooo bad I don't know what to do. I am going to pump tonight because its to painful to nurse. But know my left nipple is starting to fell raw probley from all the nursing. I need help I don't really want to wean yet I know he's not ready but I'm in so much pain with both my nipples. Also I have tryed a nipple shield and he won't latch on it will just chews on it so that's not an option. ugh this sucks! I don't know what to so help me pleaSe!!!! I could post a pic if I am allowed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SillyJessi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM
bump, I can't really tell from the picture, I hope someone comes along who can help. I'm sorry you're struggling :(
lucki_flip05
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Ouch mama! Bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM

You need to see yuor doctor about a wound.  Get some nipple shells to help protect your nipple..you may need to just hand express for comfort an nurse on on one side til that side heals, you may need antibiotics cream for it to heal

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM
o bless ur heart! go to ur doc they can give u some antibiotics for it and maybe some antibiotic cream that will make it better! in the mean time if u feel him bite u stop nursing sit him down & say no no that way he learns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)