• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I trust you ladies pretty well, so anyone have any ideas what this is? OT

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
  • 21 Replies

My son woke up this morning with a small rash on the bottom of his tummy. Then an hour later I went to change him again and get him dressed for the day, and it's spread all over his tummy, chest, and back. It doesn't seem to bother him, and he's not really overly fussy. I'd take a picture but you can't see it because it's so small. It looks like tiny little red pin pricks all over him. My daughter and I have eczema, and that's what I thought it was at first. But I've never seen eczema spread so quickly. We haven't changed laundry soaps or bath soaps (though he normally just gets a water bath since he's only 3 months), and the only moisterizer I put on him is coconut oil. I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back, but I thought I'd ask you ladies:)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sydneysledd09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elmo6885
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Sounds like a viral rash. Does he have a fever?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Nope, so fever, no congestion (other than the allergies the rest of us have). Nothing else out of the ordinary. It's so odd. Just the rash and that's it.

Quoting elmo6885:

Sounds like a viral rash. Does he have a fever?

shortimicmama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM

My first thought is chicken pox. Was he vaccinated recently? About three percent of kids who get the vaccine will develop the disease.

Yuriko_chan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM

It doesn't look like chicken pox. It's too tiny to be that, and not blistery looking either. He hasn't even gotten his 4 month shots yet, so, no he hasn't gotten that vax yet.

Quoting gdiamante:

My first thought is chicken pox. Was he vaccinated recently? About three percent of kids who get the vaccine will develop the disease.

annaica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM
http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/skin-care/rashes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindAngeLevi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Maybe he coild be allergic to coconut. Try olive oil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindAngeLevi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Could**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExpectingNo1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Did he have a fever that he got over recently? My daughter had Roseola and it looked like what you're describing. The spots show up after a fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)