• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't wait for my milk to come in!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had my baby yesterday morning, and he has barely left my boobs!! I'm so sore, but I think the latch is getting better each time! I just can't wait until I can actually fill him up a little bit, so maybe I can put him down for a few minutes. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Congratulations!  As for putting him down....well, that might take a few weeks. :)  At this point he isn't hungry really.  He's just suckling.  But all that suckling is helping establish what kind of supply you'll have.  It's a great thing.

annaica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Congrats! The colostrum is so good for him... http://www.llli.org/faq/colostrum.html just another day or so and you should be full of milk LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I was the same way when baby was born I wanted my milk to come in so bad. Mine came in at about 3 days and then baby was eating well. Hope it comes in soon.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

He will be constantly attached for at least the first month or two.  Newborns nurse for at least 20 hours a day on average.  They are trying to regulate the milk supply to exactly what they need, getting comfort and just being close to Mom, which is ALL that they have known their whole lives.  Just rest and relax with your baby.  

tanya_marieh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I'm with you on that.  With both of my girls it took 4 days for milk to come in.

PerfectlyWarm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Quoting aehanrahan:

He will be constantly attached for at least the first month or two.  Newborns nurse for at least 20 hours a day on average.  They are trying to regulate the milk supply to exactly what they need, getting comfort and just being close to Mom, which is ALL that they have known their whole lives.  Just rest and relax with your baby.  

This is good advice! I was going to post something similar.

Anna

Elyssa414
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Well this time around, I'm a SAHM and my older two are in school all day, so my sweet baby can have the boobs all he wants!! :) good to know that this may not change once my milk comes in! Thank you.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)