Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expecting mom

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi! My name is Allison and I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby. I'm due in Feb. and plan to breastfeed. This will be my 1st time at this so I'll be looking for lots of advice and encouragement! I read through some of the posts up top! Thanks!
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
boobiejr
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Congratulations!! And Good luck with the breastfeeding! I just had my first 4mths ago. And im breastfeeding! Its amazing experience! Don't get frustrated. Although its easy to do. When you don't have a good support group. And by that I mean the people who are uneducated about breastfeeding. And if you plan on going back to work or introducing a bottle soon. Make sure you get as much information on that as you can! My son will have nothing to do with a plastic nipple AT ALL!! LOL! And I TRIED giving him a pasi 2weeks after he was born! LOL! Every baby is different, though! Again Good Luck!

boobiejr
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM

BUMP!

PerfectlyWarm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Good for you for seeking out advice and encouragement and congrats!  The best breastfeeding advice I received was to breastfeed on demand and don`t look at the clock.  Follow your babies cues.  This will help you build a good supply and it ensures that your baby is getting what he or she needs (your baby may be having a growth spurt or simply looking for comfort). Babies nurse a lot and it`s normal but you want to make sure that there are enough wet and soiled diapers and he is gaining and happy.   I wish you the best of luck!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Welcome to the group, read read read..if you are confused about something ask we will gladly explain it.  Remember there are NO stupid questions.  Many of us have been FFing moms and now BFing moms.  Forget everything you knew about feeding your baby...BFing is 100% different from FFing even if its given in a bottle.

Get the book "SO thats what they're for" by Janet tamaro its a great reference and funny too

kylansmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM

HIII!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!! Nursing is such a wonderful bonding experience!!!! as long as you stay positive and get through the hard parts ull be unstoppable :D i highly recommend having a lactation consultant to be there with you for the birth and also, the hospital will probably offer a class on it. They are wonderful!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! i nursed my first and plan on doing the same thing this time!

kylansmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM

BUMP!

birdiemom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Thank you ladies so much, the hospital is offering a class, that I plan on attending. 

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I agree with Tabi.  Read, read, read.  Learn as much as you can and ask us anything that comes to mind.  We will gladly help.  : )  Congratulations!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Welcome to the group, read read read..if you are confused about something ask we will gladly explain it.  Remember there are NO stupid questions.  Many of us have been FFing moms and now BFing moms.  Forget everything you knew about feeding your baby...BFing is 100% different from FFing even if its given in a bottle.

Get the book "SO thats what they're for" by Janet tamaro its a great reference and funny too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)