Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4lbs...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 30 Replies
Celestyn had her one month appt today. Although she's already 7 weeks old. But moving delayed her appt.

Well she was born 6lbs 15oz. Was 6lbs 9oz leaving the hospital.

At 7 weeks she is only 10lbs 13oz. Meaning she's gained just under 4lbs to her birth weight. The new pedi was slightly concerned.

He didn't push formula on us. But suggested vitamin D.

So is that a normal weight gain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Four POUNDS in 7 weeks?  That is four MONTHS worth of gain.  

Lilypie - (wn9y)

Groove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM
half a pound a week is completely nrmal. So 4 lbs in 1 month is extremely good. Ava didnt reach 10 lbs til 3 months old...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeirdraG.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Yes she gained 4 lbs. The dr said she be more close to doubling her birth weight by 2 months old. She's EBF. No formula what so ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

mine was 6 8 at lowest (6 13 at birth) and 10 7 at her 2 month appointment.   My pedi said it was great gain!  I think you need to remove the "ONLY" from your post!  She's good size!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

There is NO  reason for the doctor to be concerned about the weight gain!  We look for a pound a month and she has FAR EXCEEDED that.

lfrrll5
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM
4lbs is awesome weight gain. If your pedi doesn't think its enough they don't know about weight in breastfed babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

You need a new doctor that knows the normal growth patterns of a breastfed baby!  We look for doubling of weight by 6 months.  Some reach double by 3-4 months, but NOT by two months.

Quoting DeirdraG.:

Yes she gained 4 lbs. The dr said she be more close to doubling her birth weight by 2 months old. She's EBF. No formula what so ever.

DeirdraG.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
I'm mobile. Lol or I would. Just the dr reaction kindof made me worried. :/

Quoting FLmommy0204:

mine was 6 8 at lowest (6 13 at birth) and 10 7 at her 2 month appointment.   My pedi said it was great gain!  I think you need to remove the "ONLY" from your post!  She's good size!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Ummm for your pedi to even have the slighest concern on that incredible weight gain would make me more concerned about the pedi...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiK
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM

My DD is four months and has gained a little over 4lbs, doc didn't seem worried

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)