Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ready to give up!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm so busy lately it doesn't seem like I have time to even nurse him. Its a 5 MIN nurse then go type thing. I feel so bad too. With dd in school and gymnastics and ds1 and his 3 different therapies I feel stretched to the limit. I've had to do more bottles if pumped milk than I want. Please give me some words of encouragement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM
You can do it...I didn't think I could bit I did. However if you feel its better for you and baby to stop then don't you dare feel guilty. It's ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

If he nurses ONCE a day then you'r doing great. Sounds to me more like you're too stretched by all the running around.

Time to look at all you're doing and make some hard choices. You can't do it all... so what do you HAVE to do and what can you defer till later?

Hate to say it, but I'd be deferring the gymnastics or finding someone else as a chauffeur. I know it doesn't seem fair... but life isn't fair.

Barronbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Gymnastics isn't so bad its only twice a week and I nurse tiny there for a while since it forces me to sit down for 2 hours. Is the rest of the non sense. Lol ds1 has 3 therapies every week all an hour and a half away. But I have to do them since they benifit ds1 a lot. I'm only 2 weeks into the new sched so hopefully I all settles down and we get into a better routine soon. Tiny nrsed 11 times today with 7 diaper changes since 7 am

Quoting gdiamante:

If he nurses ONCE a day then you'r doing great. Sounds to me more like you're too stretched by all the running around.

Time to look at all you're doing and make some hard choices. You can't do it all... so what do you HAVE to do and what can you defer till later?

Hate to say it, but I'd be deferring the gymnastics or finding someone else as a chauffeur. I know it doesn't seem fair... but life isn't fair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Do you have a carrier? Have you learned to nurse in it?  When out and about wear ababy and nurse, no matter where it is.  If you have time to hold baby and bottle you can hold baby in carrier and nurse.

larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Aww you can do it mama! I know it seems like a lot right now, but it really doesn't last forever. Is there anyone who can help take your soon to therapy even occasionally?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM

This!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Do you have a carrier? Have you learned to nurse in it?  When out and about wear ababy and nurse, no matter where it is.  If you have time to hold baby and bottle you can hold baby in carrier and nurse.

sarapunkinpie88
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Don't give up! Think of all the extra time you'll waste washing bottles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vampire2007
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Im confused i hate making bottles cuz it takes longer get a bottle ready and warm it up than to pull my boob out and nurse? wouldnt it be more convient to nurse?

Betukamom
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Yes! Don't give up!  You can do it! get a Maya wrap and put him there while nursing it works wonders for me. You are going to feel better with yourself if you keep doing it :)....Try to nurse her just right when wakes up just takes 20 min sometimes and she is going to be fine for the 3 hrs. or if you need to go wick he can just wait for a while and once you get there nurse her. You are going to be fine Mama!!! I have 2 kids and one takes languaje terapist and I nurse him everywhere I need LOL! its just case that you just try what works for you. It's better if don;t think to much about the logistics just do what you need to do.  

Nicky2911
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Trust us once you get the nursing thing down it takes much less time than making bottles plus less time washing them and more sleep at night. Hang in there and definately look for a good wrap. Maybe if you have time ask a lactation consultant to show you how to nurse out of one properly... that always tripped me up. Your doing great Momma!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)