Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you go back to work?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • 16 Replies
After baby was born? I'm not pregnant again YET anyways. But I have a feeling IF/WHEN we do I'm going back to work very soon after. So when did you ladies go back to work? How did you manage pumping and working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Ten weeks. I took breaks about every three hours. I didn't ask, I just *did*.

larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM
2 weeks with the 1st 2, now I stay home. And I just took 2 breaks per day (9 hour days) and pumped for 10 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Esmommom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
I planned to stay home. @ 6 months after my 1st. It became more of a permanent thing after @ 10 months when I found out I was prego with #2! Lol. Its been almost a yr after my 2nd & still not lookn at going back anytime soon. NOT prego again but I wldnt mind! Lol. Whatever u do, good luck! U will know what & when its right. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I went back to work at 4 months since I am a teacher and had them in April.  BUT I started pumping at 3 days old this last time once a day every morningand THAT is what made me successful at it  I pumped 3 times a dat at work and made sure my guy was not overfed

FLmommy0204
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

6 weeks with the first 10 with the second 

first was formula so no pumping.  second I pump whenever for however long.  I have my own offic eand the put a lock on my door.  Tehy are great!

lilangel_4206
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I took a year off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyMomma06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM
About 6 weeks with my first but he was ff. Around 5 months with current nursling because we just needed a little extra. I only pump whe I work more than 6 hours but I work overnight so baby doesnt really eat that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I went back at 3.5 months with DS. I pump 5 times a day - 10-30 minutes (25, 15, 15, 25, 10). I teach so I pump at home, before yard duty, recess, lunch, & right after the kids leave for the day. I barely get the required 9 oz for him- & then pump 2x each day on the weekend
I worked for 5 weeks but it's not working out - my kid is not ready for day care/too sensitive/doesn't sleep now, so I'm going on leave until January & may be trying a nanny for him then (cost=same)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonRiderMD
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM

6 weeks. Never pumped; my daughter wouldn't take a bottle. Took baby with me until she was 6 months, then went home once a day to nurse until 1 year, and have just nursed her around work since then.

sondrajoy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM

2 days, and I actually attended a trade show (in Vegas) with my newborn at 2 weeks. I own my business, so no one cared (or at least they never say anything) about me BF on the job. Heck, he is almost 2 years old and I still BF him on the job! :)

Bring home the whole baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)