• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC while breastfeeding

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Last week I had a miscarriage, I was due in April 2012.  

I want to TTC again after I have a few cycles and I want to track my ovulation.  I am breastfeeding my 1 year old son and because of this I am thinking my cycles/ovulation might be irregular, I don't know.

Has anybody TTC while breastfeeding?  Did you track your cycles and how did that go?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
slm047
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I am not sure. I would like to know this as well. I'm nursing my daughter that will be a year old next month. However, we'd like to start trying again.

SavanaF.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I thought nursing would prevent us from conceiving, when my daughter was 13 months she refused to nurse any longer, I was 2 months preggo and that's how I found out x.x

Pink.Daisies.23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM
We weren't trying, but got pregnant when DD was 5 months. I hadn't had a period at all. I would say chart temps and maybe use OPKs to see if you can find some sort of pattern to your cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I got pregnant the last time while bf. I had had 2 cycles back I think, and ds was about 18 months old. It all went fine. Sorry for you loss.I have heard that you don't need to wait to try, studies show pregnancy outcomes are just as good without waiting. Docs just like the period to date the pregnancy more easily. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:35 PM

We're TTC but I have not even had a hint of AF yet!  I didn't even get it while EPing and going 12 hours between pumps at night, so I'm thinking I will have to significantly reduce her nursing or wean to start ovulating (but I refuse to do that).  Now that she's sleeping through the night and needs supplimenting, I'm hoping it happens soon!  Try temping or OPKs (which aren't as accurate technically) to get an idea on your cycles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)