• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuzyae's Water Log

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

Day 1: Create water log

Here it is, I've created it!

It's hard to say how much water I drink in a day, often I get tired of how bland water is and prefer something sweeter like sweet tea or *gasp* soda. At least I try to go for things that are caffeine free. =)

I do keep a mug on the counter that I fill up a couple of times a day. If I drink two full mugs' worth, it's my 64 oz. per day, I don't always make it to that though.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tuzyae
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Day 2: Use a refillable bottle

Like I mentioned in my first post, I have a refillable mug that I keep on the counter. It's 32 oz. so if I drink the whole mug twice, I've gotten the "normal recommended" amount of water in a day. I'm bad about not having a bottle with me when I'm out and about, but I really hate the idea of carrying something extra with me. Luckily, I spend most of my time at home, so it works out and the mug at home gets used.

Tuzyae
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Day 3: Signs of dehydration

I do experience fatigue, energy loss, and dry skin. The dry skin thing is kinda always the case for me though so I'm not sure it's related to dehydration. In the past I've had elevated blood pressure, but back then when it happened, I know for a fact I wasn't drinking enough. I've noticed also that the veins in the back of my hand seem to pop out more when I don't drink enough.

Over the past several days, I've done ok, but I'm still not as diligent as I should be. I've opted for about 32 oz. of water and then other beverages like juice and tea.

Tuzyae
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Day 4: Dress it up!

I can't say I've ever dressed up my water like in the ways suggested. It may help me drink more. That's the point, right?

At least while I was away over the weekend, bottled water seemed to be everywhere, so I got my fair share!

Tuzyae
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Day 5: Stop!

... yeah... I really need to stop and grab water before that sugery drink. It's hard though b/c often I don't feel like water is refreshing enough. I don't do a lot of caffeine, which is good, but the suger is a weekness. Luckily, I make a point not to buy sodas or other sweet drinks when at the grocery store. We usually only have juice and milk in the house so often water is the only option!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)