Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

excercising and breastfeeding

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
How does it work? My mom's bf is giving me a walking type excercise machine&i plan on using it lol.
If I burn calories,am I gonna need to eat more?? Idk,I wanna keep the weight I lost off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:38 AM
You will need to eat more for the calories you burn. Dont eat below 1600 calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
It is completely fine to exercise & breastfeed. No worries. Unless you are in famine, your supply will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navymommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You are more likely to notice a change in supply b/c of sweating and not replenishing fluids if anything! Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water and you won't notice a thing, and of course start off slowly and gradually work up to a strenuous workout. Moderation is always key! Keep eating a healthy diet and exercise is only going to make you healthy and be a great example for your LO! Good Job! I need motivation myself, I gained 50 pounds with this last pregnancy. Sheesh. Up from 121 to 170 pounds at 9 mos!!! 10 weeks and now I'm down to 147, but still, thats so much to lose. Yuck!!
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:56 AM
Yep! And be sure to stay hydrated.

Quoting larissalarie:

It is completely fine to exercise & breastfeed. No worries. Unless you are in famine, your supply will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM
When u bf you need an extra 500 calories a day so just eat the healthy foods and you will be okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigheg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:06 AM
What everyone else said. It's not really necessary to watch your calorie intake, but make sure you eat foods that are high in protein and fiber, and eat good healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and beans.

Also, make sure you stay hydrated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)