Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reconnected w/ hubby

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are first time parents to a beautiful baby girl. We were H.S. sweethearts. We met when we were freshman, became best friends the started dating our sophomore year. We've been together ever since and were married in December 2010 before our daughter Annahbelle was born. When she was born our lives were turned upside down. In good ways and in not so good ways too. I had postpartum depression, and was nursing for the first time. I had a lot of problems with BFing but stuck with it. I didn't get help for my depression and didn't think I needed help until I got through my depression and looked back at how I was. Well stress mounted up and our marriage was tested right off the bat. We were fighting all the time about stupid things, but somewhere along the way I decided to change my attitude. I said I'm going to live each day like its my last day on Earth and I'm going to thank God for every second I have with my family and I'm going to start acting like it. So that's what I started to do. Then tonight something amazing happened, my husband and I reconnected. It was like nothing had ever changed. You know how all of those magical moments happen in the movies and you are like oh that never happens in real life...well I had one of those moments tonight and I finally feel that I am on the right track with life and all of my stress has melted away...I know that everything will be ok even though I have been stressed and worried about a lot of things lately tonight made it alright! I just wanted to share my story and new found happiness. Also, anyone out there having troubles w/ family, spouses don't give up and remember love is hard but worth the struggles. thank you

Annah's Momma  

juggling

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dairymama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM
I'm happy for you and your family!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkingmom2be
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
:) thanks for the smile me n my DH have been together almost 15 years now and we have had these moments too. I think it is the cycle of love. We commit and know there will be tough times but we will always at some point remember who we are and why we love each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM
I like that, "cycle of love". I think people think love is bluebirds and rainbows, but there are also seasons of famine, great storms, even death and destruction. Then rebirth, new growth. OP, thanks for the inspiration. Glad you're on the happier side of things :-)

Quoting thinkingmom2be:

:) thanks for the smile me n my DH have been together almost 15 years now and we have had these moments too. I think it is the cycle of love. We commit and know there will be tough times but we will always at some point remember who we are and why we love each other.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annahsmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Quoting thinkingmom2be:

:) thanks for the smile me n my DH have been together almost 15 years

Wow thats amazing congrats. God willing my husband and I will be together till "death do us part".

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad to hear you guys are getting back on the right track! It's been a rough couple of years for my husband and I. We've been together almost 5 years and marreid 4. In that time we've had 3 children and have 1 on the way, My last pregnancy was complicated and I spent almost half of it on bedrest and 3 full weeks in the hospital on bedrest. We have moved 5 times in the 4 years we've been married(and I'm not talking across town 4 of those moves were from Texas to Alaska and Alaska back to Texas). But I finally feel like things are settling down for us and getting better!

mrsfitz05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:25 AM
babies complicate things. I think most couples aren't prepared for how it changes everything. I'm so first to hear you are back on the right track!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigheg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:33 AM
I'm glad you and your hubby reconnected! I completely understand what you mean. My husband and I have had a rough go of things since DD was born, and he has slept on the couch more than once, but we're fighting through. We know we love eachother, and a lack of sleep and new baby is what is causing our tension. Just being able to snuggle with him when DD goes to bed makes a world of difference. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)