Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sabotage!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM
  • 15 Replies
I want to EBF for as long as possible. My DS is a fussy 15 seeker and my DH and MIL both think I have low supply (even though I can hear DS gulping in milk) and they keep giving him a bottle (expressed milk ) or trying to give him baby food. I feel kind of set up to fail!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Get rid of the bottles and get rid of the baby food. A 15 week old baby shouldn't be getting any baby food whatsoever. You have to stand up for yourself and your baby! The only way to know baby is getting enough is diapers. As long as baby is having 6-8 diapers a day baby is getting enough. The best way to up supply is to nurse, nurse, nurse!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:21 AM
THIS!

Quoting jjchick75:

Get rid of the bottles and get rid of the baby food. A 15 week old baby shouldn't be getting any baby food whatsoever. You have to stand up for yourself and your baby! The only way to know baby is getting enough is diapers. As long as baby is having 6-8 diapers a day baby is getting enough. The best way to up supply is to nurse, nurse, nurse!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dyrissa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:33 AM
I just quit my job to sahm so I have to put the bottles in storage and I don't keep baby food in the house but MIL does and we spend our evenings there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navymommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:50 AM
:-(
I would be upset too!! If I were u I would put the bottles in a locked cabinet or hide them!! That will help!
sofia0587
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Quoting jjchick75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navymommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quoting dyrissa:

I just quit my job to sahm so I have to put the bottles in storage and I don't keep baby food in the house but MIL does and we spend our evenings there.

This won't be easy but u have to put your foot down with your MIL NOW! You are the parent. YOU are the mom. I would bet good money that it is the formula and baby food ... Especially the baby food... That is upsetting your LO's tummy!!! If you see her feeding the baby I would physically intervene. You have to protect him! What they are doing might SERIOUSLY damage your breastfeeding relationship, could very well hurt baby's tiny tummy, and could up baby's likelihood of developing an allergy! You know what's best. You are his mommy! You can do it!
sofia0587
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Quoting navymommy:

Quoting dyrissa:

This won't be easy but u have to put your foot down with your MIL NOW! You are the parent. YOU are the mom. I would bet good money that it is the formula and baby food ... Especially the baby food... That is upsetting your LO's tummy!!! If you see her feeding the baby I would physically intervene. You have to protect him! What they are doing might SERIOUSLY damage your breastfeeding relationship, could very well hurt baby's tiny tummy, and could up baby's likelihood of developing an allergy! You know what's best. You are his mommy! You can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:48 AM

tbh. . i wouldn't set foot in her house with the baby

Quoting dyrissa:

Christina807
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this
I would either stop going to her house with the baby or wear the baby while there so she can't really do much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Quoting Christina807:

I would either stop going to her house with the baby or wear the baby while there so she can't really do much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)