Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Breastfeeding sign in the hospitals

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM
  • 3 Replies

You remember that sign that was posted that has been appearing in hospitals that upset some people?

I posted it on my FB page and one of my cousins who BF's (the ONLY one that does past 3 months) asked me to post it on her FB page too, so I did. Then this morning her friend posts back on the photo I'd posted on her page that she felt like shit that she had switched her DD to formula at 4 months and now she feels 10x worse.... So I posted back that it was NOT meant to guilt but to inform and that what is done is done- now she can make an informed decision on her next child.... she thanked me for not guilting her and for the information and said that the reason that she didn't BF her DD for longer was because she went back to work and didn't respond to the pump at all and her DD refused to eat ANYTHING at all until she got home and then would nurse like she was starving all night long (I believe that this would be called reverse cycling). I don't believe she actually needed to switch to formula and wean her DD because of this- correct me if I'm wrong- but didn't want to tell her that.... would it be out of place to recommend a book or offer support to her should she want to nurse any future children?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ashleigheg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:28 AM
No, I think offering support would probably make her feel a lot more confident for the future, and definitely couldn't hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:45 AM
I agree!
And yes, you're right, her baby was reverse cycling.

Quoting ashleigheg:

No, I think offering support would probably make her feel a lot more confident for the future, and definitely couldn't hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Not out of place at all. And you should tell her about reverse cycling. And that NO infant will starve themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)