Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with older children **Added question in post #31

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:47 AM
  • 40 Replies

I am wondering what your older children think about breastfeeding since they have witnessed you nursing their younger sibling (s).

Lilypie - (wn9y)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My older son is 10 and KNOWS that breasts are for nursing. He knows that human milk is made for humans and cow's milk isn't. He still loves drinking cow's milk, but he knows the difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM
Mine don't think anything. That's just how you feed a baby. They became older siblings at a very young age, so that's all they know.
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM

My 9 year old daughter knows that breasts are for breastfeeding. It's just normal for her. 

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM
My boys were older when my youngest was born, 14, 12, 12 and 11. They never questioned it, I nursed in front of them, that's just how their baby brother ate. Now 4 yrs later it's how their newest baby brother will eat (if he ever decides to show up!). I hope that they continue to see it as normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailey3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM
My son is embarrassed (he's 12) and his friends are over. My girls ask questions ALL THE TIME. We will see what my youngest 2 are like this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Mine's 4.  She knows only mom breastfeeds and everyone else uses a bottle.  And she knows about pumping.  She won't drink it because it's "baby milk" and she's a big girl.  Sometimes I sneak it to her.  And sometimes, she says she wishes she could make milk so she could feed her sister.

lekreck
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:33 AM
My boys also are very aware that breasts are for feeding, they don't haves clue the other connotations:). My 2 year old is not as curious as my 4 year old, but has nursed a couple of baby dolls on his own lol. My 4 year did this too but now he's more aware of it he's now tried to nurse his middle brother & his cousin (2 year old girl)! For some reason now though his big thing is squeezing my bewb while I'm nursing, bc he's seen me compress my bewbs while pumping LMAO. I love how simple & unprejudice they are ;)
redhead-bedhead
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM
It's normal to her. She came to the conclusion that "sometimes mommies don't give their babies chi-chi because their chi-chis are broken."
Not sure where she got that from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM
My daughter is 12 and she thinks breastfeeding is how babies should be fed and says she will breastfeed her future children. She knows that a lot of people bottle feed, but we've talked about why breast is better/natural/normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emeraldmama7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM

My older kids are 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 (I'm still nursing my 2 yr old).  My kids are very comfortable around me nursing and don't really think anything of it.  I've talked to the older girls about the importance of breastfeeding-and why i choose it, even though not all moms do.  I also think it helped that they have grown up seeing me bf younger sibling after younger sibling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)