Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sore Nipple

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
mel
  • 4 Replies

Breastfeeding my 2 yr old 2-6x's a day. About 5 months pregnant.

My right nipple is red and sooo tender. When it rubs against my bra it hurts, when Leilani latches the pain is excruciating! I was thinking it was hormone related but wouldn't it hurt both nipples? The left nipple is fine no probs. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Sounds like you have an infection there. Possibly thrush, which can be present in youwith NO symptoms in baby.

Treat as thrush.

melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Thanks, I've never had thrush before! :( 

What should I use? Should I be treating both nipples and Leilani?

melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Bump!

I checked kellymom.com and there are sooo many options. We are hurt for cash (like SEVERE don't have a dollar to my name with no income in the immediate future thanks to a work related injury last month) I am on state insurance so it might be cheaper by prescription. with her being 2 years old what would be the best options from the dr? Thanks guys

Gailll
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM

It could be your nipple is sore from wearing a bra. My nipples hurt when I was pregnant from wearing a bra. It was worse my preganacy that I was nursing. You might try not wearing a bra.

If it is thrush you can go to your prenatal care provider. They would probably treat you first. It can take treating your whole family. It may be covered on your Medicaid since you are the one having symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)