• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NB and pooping ?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
DS2 was born Sunday evening. Within about 18 hours he passed 4 big meconiums and 2 tiny ones. He has peed on track, nursing like a champ. But, hasn't had any poop since. He's had some gas though. Is that normal? I don't remember. DS1 was a nursing and pooping machine...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Daynaof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

What day was the last poop on? We really would like to see at least 2 poops a day in the early weeks, how is breastfeeding going? Are you having any pain throughout feedings? How often and for how long is your little one nursing?

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Last Poop was sometime Monday. (Bfing and its not in front of me atm)BFing is fine other than my PP pain while BFing there is no pain. Well slightly when he first latches. He has basically been on the boob about the last 18-24 hours. Latch seems good, he's sucking properly it seems. He was born at home so MW came yesterday and said it was ok. But, it just seems weirs to me ... He was 9.15 lbs at birth if that helps...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

If he doesn't poop by tomorrow a.m. I would put a call in to the pedi to be safe. Try massaging his belly in a clockwise motion also.

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Thank you :) I already have an appt set for tomorrow. Hopefully he goes before then though. DS1 is almost 4 and to this day he poops almost like clockwork...

Quoting Daynaof3:

If he doesn't poop by tomorrow a.m. I would put a call in to the pedi to be safe. Try massaging his belly in a clockwise motion also.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM
1 wet or poopy per day of life up until 6 days...then 6 wet or poopy per day.

I wouldnt worry, especially since baby has pooped & your milk probably took a day or two to come in. I think id call my pedi after 3-4 days of no poop....after a few weeks it's normal for bf babies to go 2 weeks w/out poop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM

With as much meconium as has been passed, I'm not as concerned as Dayna is.

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)