Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

Babygirl is 11 months old (as of the 7th!) and has all of a sudden started nursing NON-STOP. I mean, she went from nursing every 4-5hr during the day to screaming bloody murder whenever I put her down. I just started AF yesterday, but I got it back at 8m with no problems like this.

I'm starting to think maybe my supply is gone :( Yesterday she only had like 4 wet dipes... As of now she's only on dipe #2, and we've been up 4 hours.. Maybe i'm being paranoid. She's also cutting a tooth, but again, none of the other teeth have caused this problem.

Is it a growth spurt? Is it my supply? idk what is wrong!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Four wet dipes is a good count. Period can impact supply, but I read nothing beyond normal baby here. They can do this at this age.

annahsmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM

In our parenting book it says that babies do this during growth spurts, cutting a tooth and right before they reach a major milestone like walking or talking.  

Annah's Momma  

juggling

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I agree.  A return to frequent feedings is normal.  It can be due to a growth spurt, teething, new milestones separation anxiety and many other things.  Teething can manifest itself differently each time.  

Four diapers is a normal count at this age. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Four wet dipes is a good count. Period can impact supply, but I read nothing beyond normal baby here. They can do this at this age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)