Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to find a BF friend pediatrician?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Any good tips? 

The one I found that looked good is not accepting new patients. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Char07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Go to a local la leche league meeting to get referrals, asking around from people who know whether they are or aren't is (I think) the best way :)

MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I agre wtih Char. I found our BF'ing friendly pediatrician through my breastfeeding support group. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

set up an interview with several & ask important questions..not jsut are you bf friendly. Ask things like, what growth charts do you use, how strict are you on baby following them, if you are concerned about baby's growth or weight what would be the first thing you suggest to mom, what  age do you reccomend solid foods, what are your thoughts on nursing past a year?

FLmommy0204
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Quoting mamabens:

set up an interview with several & ask important questions..not jsut are you bf friendly. Ask things like, what growth charts do you use, how strict are you on baby following them, if you are concerned about baby's growth or weight what would be the first thing you suggest to mom, what  age do you reccomend solid foods, what are your thoughts on nursing past a year?

The two I got recommendations for are either not accepting new patients or are notorious for a very long wait.   I called another one that looked good and they wouldn't do a meet and greet type appointment.  So I called another one and they will do that.  So I'll take these questions with me as well as my last pedi's comment (the she's not gaining enough and I should be able to pump 7-8 ounces at at time!) and see how they react. 

I also emailed the LLL leaders in my area to input. 

Thanks!

mrsfitz05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM
My bff was having problems & our ob referred her to someone. She breastfed her child while doing her residency...but she knew this ped from a clinic here that specializes in breastfeeding. They helped my friend right away.

Maybe your ob or mid wife would have a suggestion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)