• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i don't care what a baby is fed as long as it is fed

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 88 Replies
I saw a post talking about this statement mothers will say about the great debate between breastfeeding and formula... It is something I often hear. Do you agree with this concept? Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momsthename0609
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that it doesn't matter as long as the baby is fed. With that being said I do wonder why someone who is capable of breastfeeding chooses not to, but I try not to judge as long as the baby is fed and not abused or neglected. I do understand that people raise their children differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Yes, I do agree.  I know "breast is best" generally, but there are definitely cases where breastfeeding wouldn't be best for the mother or child.  And they shouldn't feel "bad" or "guilty" because they "couldn't provide the best".  Each parent is doing the best that they can.  As long as the child is fed well, then there is nothing wrong :) :).

deccaf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

While I do believe that breast is best, not feeding your child is pretty much unforgivable.  So yes, as long as the child is fed, I'm okay with it.

annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
So this statement is basically meaning you could starve your child or you can feed them whatever they need to survive? This statement is just so confusing to me.

Quoting deccaf:

While I do believe that breast is best, not feeding your child is pretty much unforgivable.  So yes, as long as the child is fed, I'm okay with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I agree.  I think there are more important things to be concerned about.  A parent physically or verbally abusing their child or just completely ignoring them is a far bigger concern than what they eat.  Starving a child is a bigger concern.  Obviously feeding a child just fatty/sugary junk food is bad and something needs to be said.  However formula is not "junk food".  It is created to meet nutritional needs.  No, it's not as good as breastmilk but it's a worthy substitute as opposed to putting an infant on cows milk or watered down formula. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM
5 moms liked this

I do care....not much I can do about it other than educate but yes  I care It makes me sad when people choose to formula feed without even trying to bf. So as much as people hate it, I do not agree with this statement.....

piwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

yes i agree. i really dont care but if you ask me am gonna tell you breast is best. i formula feed and breastfeed. i love my kids the same and both of them can send me to want to jump of a bridge.

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

See I have to disagree with this statement. Sure formula is needed in some rare cases, but I DO see it as junk food. It's overprocessed & full of sugar.

Quoting FLmommy0204:

Yes, I agree.  I think there are more important things to be concerned about.  A parent physically or verbally abusing their child or just completely ignoring them is a far bigger concern than what they eat.  Starving a child is a bigger concern.  Obviously feeding a child just fatty/sugary junk food is bad and something needs to be said.  However formula is not "junk food".  It is created to meet nutritional needs.  No, it's not as good as breastmilk but it's a worthy substitute as opposed to putting an infant on cows milk or watered down formula. 

deccaf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I am saying that not feeding a child is bad.  I am also stating that I think breastmilk is best.  My third sentence is saying that I don't care whether the baby is breast fed or formula fed, as long as the child is fed.  Hope that clears it up.

Quoting annaica:

So this statement is basically meaning you could starve your child or you can feed them whatever they need to survive? This statement is just so confusing to me.

Quoting deccaf:

annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this
See this is what i was thinking but simply because i know that formula is really or should really be a last resort. I know it will give baby nutrition but to me it is like giving them junk food. It just isn't op will ever be as nutritious as breast milk. So that is where i get confused with this statement.

Quoting mamabens:

I do care....not much I can do about it other than educate but yes  I care It makes me sad when people choose to formula feed without even trying to bf. So as much as people hate it, I do not agree with this statement.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)