Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extended bfing moms

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM
  • 16 Replies
Do you ever get tired of people saying are you stilllll breastfeeding? How do you answer them? Does it ever bother you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM
For me, I almost feel proud...like I know something they don't about mothering. :) it doesn't bother me...sometimes it can be annoying though. My LO is going on 15 months old and still going strong! He would rather nurse than eat solids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I get it a lot, or people ask why don't you just give her a cup of milk. SMH last time I checked it wasn't anyone elses business.

bones2jess
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
my ds is only 11 months and people are already saying when are you going to stop, i just proudly tell them until 2 years or when he desides he's done. then they "joke" and say he's gunna he nursing til he's 5... i laugh and say if he wants to. ha ha then i get "the look"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.chica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
I'm like the same I'm so proud of it. He is almost 15months and he is my chubby baby. he drinks milk also n a bottle but he still likes to breast at night
Habibti812
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I nursed DD1 until she was 2 and a half. Ds nursed until he was 3 and DD2 is almost two and still nursing and I am 33+ weeks pregnant.. I used to get a lot of comments from friends and family which I just found to be annoying... But by now everyone knows better than to make comments :-P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM
I'm somewhat "in the closet" about it, and to those that know, they also knew about my sons milk allergy so that helped. But yes the "are you still breastfeeding" does occasionally get old. I just say "yes" and move on, so it's not really up for discussion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

i am pumping and i get slack from others about how gross and not natural it is too give my 20mth old MOMMY's milk...i just roll my eyes and point out when they drink regular milk they are drinking a COW's milk, yea, that's natural....i tend to get a bit bitchy when someone questions my parenting choice

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I have never gotten any comments.  I don't know if anyone knows that we still nurse.  He will be 4 in 5 1/2 weeks.

Lilypie - (wn9y)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I just say YEP its better for him than cows milk and he still wants to so why not?

Pippa.mom2alot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I EBF my twins till they was 13 months old. I have had some people ask me when will I wean my 19 month olds and 7 month old. I said when they want to wean. The twins eat table foods plus nurse still. And I will EBF my youngest till she is 12-13 months old. Then the same when the wee one that is due in march.

PS my eldest weaned two months ago from comfort nursing. She is going to be in school next yr and she is getting more independent so I guess it was time for her. I am still sad about it even though I am nursing 3 little ones yet lol.

Remy Grace EDD 3.9.2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)