Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper count down...help please!! *update and new question*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
  • 27 Replies
DS is 12 weeks old and has been doing fairly well with the BFing after our first couple weeks of problems. I got an IUD and suddenly I feel like I'm not making milk like I was, I went through this when I had a bad clogged milk duct but it came back. Anyway..ds had 2 wet diapers all day yesterday and only 1 all night and they are not sopping wet either. He's wanting to nurse non stop and I'm just trying to keep up with him. Also his poop is almost always green and is so runny its like water. Any advice is welcomed, I was having to supplment him and finally got him all on BM I don't want to have to go back to this. Dr already thinks he's small for his age.
Oh and I'm drinking tons of water, eating oatmeal etc. Thanks ladies...

*update* I called my ob and asked how long it would take for my supply to get low on the IUD she said since I've had it about 2weeks now there is no reason it should be just starting to get low now. She also reminded me that with me having pcos that might affect it as well. Also she did say she could remove the IUD and how much it would cost me etc but since I have PCOS and endrometrious (sp) that if I'm not on BC I need to be on some kind of horomone (sp). If I'm not on anything I can go months without ever having a period and then when I get it it can last for 3 weeks or more. Sorry I've gotten so off subject but I don't feel so bad now, I'm still very sad but at least now I don't feel like a bad mom. I'm pumping and feeding him non stop to try and keep what I have.
When he's nursing an pulls off to cry or root around do I just keep trying over andover to get him latched on? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wesleysmom08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM
When I feel as if my supply takes a dip, I try and pump between feedings if my dd lets me. Try mothers milk tea to. Ive heard that it helps. I am going to pick some up for myself tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Green poop could mean not getting the hindmilk or it could be an allergy to something you have eaten. If memory serves me right a pee is equal to a tblsp. Put a tblsp of water in a diaper & see what it feels like to you. Also, count poop diapers too.  I would try block feeding, if that doesnt help after a few days Id try taking out dairy & see if that helps. That can take at least 2  weeks to get it all out  of your system & notice a difference

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

What IUD did you get?  Was it mirena?  Some people have supply issues with it even though it is progesterone only.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

It is 4 tablespoons.

Quoting mamabens:

Green poop could mean not getting the hindmilk or it could be an allergy to something you have eaten. If memory serves me right a pee is equal to a tblsp. Put a tblsp of water in a diaper & see what it feels like to you. Also, count poop diapers too.  I would try block feeding, if that doesnt help after a few days Id try taking out dairy & see if that helps. That can take at least 2  weeks to get it all out  of your system & notice a difference

annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
You can try some of the tea. There are a few brands out there. I use yogi brand which i got at walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Did you get Mirena? If so that COULD be an issue.  What are total diapers in 24 hours wet or messy?

JennMcBride
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Mirena...my doctor said some women do have a problem but not alot.

Quoting aehanrahan:

What IUD did you get?  Was it mirena?  Some people have supply issues with it even though it is progesterone only.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennMcBride
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Sorry I should have included that hes allergic to dairy so I've had that could out as well.

Quoting mamabens:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM

You might need to get it taken out.  It seems like you might be one of those who have supply issues with it.  

Quoting JennMcBride:

Mirena...my doctor said some women do have a problem but not alot.

Quoting aehanrahan:

JennMcBride
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM
I got mirena and from 6 yesterday until 9 was 3 diapers I changed another about 4 this morning. Hes normal is 1 or 2 dirty a day.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Did you get Mirena? If so that COULD be an issue.  What are total diapers in 24 hours wet or messy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)