Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm worried about my daughter....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 2 yr old thinks bottlefeeding is ok....she's feeding the baby in my belly a bottle....through my belly button.

Should I be worried that she's not educated about breast feeding? :-p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pippa.mom2alot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM

My 2 1/2 yr old always breastfeeds her dolls . To most its weird but to her its normal its what her mommy does . But I have let her know there is other methods to feed a baby. Because she will be going to pre K next yr.

Remy Grace EDD 3.9.2012

mama02040608
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I wouldn't worry. When she sees you, she can learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Yep.  She will see you nurse the baby and will learn.

Quoting mama02040608:

I wouldn't worry. When she sees you, she can learn.

Lilypie - (wn9y)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM

She's 2.  :)  She has plenty of time to learn.  And the best way to learn is to see you bf her new baby bro or sis!  :)  No worries!!

soon2bmommyof2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Lol all of mine, including ds have bf baby dolls. Is she still on a bottle or is it a baby doll ba? She will more than likely do what mine did/do after she sees you nursing the new baby :)! I think its adorable to see little ones nursing their babys..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Lol, she will be just fine. I pump and bottle feed, am I ruining my 3 year old son?
Johariz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
2 moms liked this

lol, that's cute. My dd (also 2) feeds many of her dolls a bottle.... And when her little brother came home she tried giving him one of the doll bottles.. But I explained to her that her brother doesn't use bottles, he nurses. So now she's all about me feeding her bro. When we were laying in bed together last night she lifted up my shirt and pushed her bro to my breast saying 'nurse, Zachy, nurse'... She's very pro-breastfeeding now. ;-)

Totallysmitten
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
I grew up bottle feeding my dolls, and didn't learn what boobs were really for until I was around 10, and then it grossed me out. I have happily breastfed my DD for 11 months. I'm sure with your support, she will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oneluckymom23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Hehe...I'm not serious! :-)

She's just using a toy bottle but she thinks everything about the baby includes my belly button...she talks into it, looks into it, pats it, and obviously that's where the baby is gonna come out, lol.

She's gonna be fascinated when she sees the baby nursing. She's a big copycat too so I wouldn't doubt it if she nurses her dolls or tries to get ME to nurse them. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)