Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green poop??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM
  • 17 Replies
Today i have notice that all my 6 week old son poop has been green? What does that mean? He has been nursing every hour or so? My nipples are sore beacause of a bad latch and everytime i put him to nurse i am in pain. Does that have anything to do with it? Please help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daynaof3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM
The two could be unrelated, what type of pain is it? Has it always hurt or did it start after a period of pain-free nursing? The pain could be thrush, the green poops could be oversupply and forceful letdown. Those are my first thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM
I think its a very bad latch because it even has a crease(sp) in the center of my nipple that goes left to right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM
have you had someone help you with your latch yet? Without a good latch you really can do damage to your nipple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
No but i am trying to see one

Quoting Precious333:

have you had someone help you with your latch yet? Without a good latch you really can do damage to your nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM

good. When i was learning to latch was told to latch baby like they were going to eat a big hamburger. Something else you may want to try is to play your baby on your tummy while you are topless and let baby latch himself (the breast crawl)

meanwhile:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/basics/latch-resources.html

http://www.llli.org/faq/positioning.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zln0LTkejIs

Quoting luvinmybabies20:

No but i am trying to see one

Quoting Precious333:

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13 Breastfeeding Moms: group Mod

kyliesmommy7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Kylie has green poop all the time i talked to her pedi and gi doctor about it and they both said it just means her flod is going through her system really fast and boob pain i can relate try really hot wash cloths thats what i was told at the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poisongirl98
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quoting kyliesmommy7:

Kylie has green poop all the time i talked to her pedi and gi doctor about it and they both said it just means her flod is going through her system really fast and boob pain i can relate try really hot wash cloths thats what i was told at the hospital

What? Green poop every once in awhile is OK, but consistently means she's not getting enough hindmilk or she has an allergy or sensitivity to something in your milk.
kyliesmommy7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Not according to my daughters pedi or gi doctor kylie has green poop everyday almost every poop so im just going by what i was told

Quoting Poisongirl98:

Quoting kyliesmommy7:

What? Green poop every once in awhile is OK, but consistently means she's not getting enough hindmilk or she has an allergy or sensitivity to something in your milk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poisongirl98
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Oh, also my DD has almost always left a crease in my nipple, although thankfully it's getting better finally. Anyway, she almost has never had green poop. As a side note, I think the only time she has was when i took fenugreek. I thought maybe i created an oversupply, bu it t must've been the herb itself because her poop was yellow when i took More Milk Plus.
RutterMama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. He could be flushing out an infection, it could be what you've eaten...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)