• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recommendations for bras during BF

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello!

I'm expecting my first child in February and will be breastfeeding assuming all goes according to plan.  I wear an odd bra size (I was a 32F before pregnancy) and have never been very comfortable in bras without underwire.  However, it's been mentioned in every breastfeeding class I've taken that wearing a bra with underwire can contribute to clogged ducts.  Does anyone have any suggestions for bras for me?  Thanks!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Alicia1020
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I am a 38DDD and I love my nursing tanks.  They have been the best and most comfy for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

mlongbear
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM

There is a sleeper bra at Motherhood Maternity: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=925010120&MasterCategory_Id=MC13

I am a 38DD and I wear a large.

Mary, wife to Charles, Mom and homeschool teacher to Mamie(11/2000), John(3/2004), Bethel(5/2006) Bryan(4/2011), and Stepmom to four in the Philippines: Dino(7/88), Chuck(8/89), Lina(7/91) and Bobby(1/94)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Pink.Daisies.23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM
I am a 34 DDD and also love nursing tanks.

Quoting Alicia1020:

I am a 38DDD and I love my nursing tanks.  They have been the best and most comfy for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I'm not a large size, but i am two different sizes...a large B on the right and small D on the left.  I wear the Sports nursing bras from Motherhood.  They are the most comfortable bras i have ever worn! :)

mama02040608
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I have always worn underwire. You just have to be VERY picky about fit. I didn't get very many clogged ducts, never had mastitis, and I always had a huge oversupply. So you can use underwire, just wait a few weeks and try to get fitted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM
I bought my bras at target. They have underwires. I have never had a clogged duct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I where regual bras, underwire and all & only get clogged ducts occasionally (like if ds overnights at gmas and i fall asleep w/ bra on) But, I am rather small chested, so idk if that would effect anything....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)