Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not my day with bfing *vent*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  • 16 Replies
Today has been by far the worses day with breast feeding. I feel like a complete idiot. Today i have done multiple post about my sons bad latch. I have been trying everything and i still feel alot of pain and i still se the crease or my nipple looks flat in the bottom. Huh i think i am just going to pump all night and feed it to him until tomorrow. I am in so much pain and on top of that he has been nursing like every hour or so. Oh and i ran out of nipple oitment just my day. I am so tired i just want to give up but i know i will regret it. Sigh vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wesleysmom08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM
me to. your not alone today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww poor mama! Hang in there :-)
You can use your breastmilk on your nipples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lesliegail22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Im there with you nursing every hour my baby takes a small break ONLY if i continue to hold him when boob falls out his mouth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM
I thought i was the only one feeling like this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Have you looked into OAL or tongue tie causing baby to chomp on your nipple? Baby's bad latch it causing him to chomp compressing your nipple, stopping blood flow, and causing your pain. I really recommend against giving bottles in this case because a bad latch is often made much worse by bottles. I am mobile now I can post articles for you in about an hour. I know your pain, it hurts, those gums are strong. Are you giving bottles yet? What about a paci? Does baby choke/gag/cough during letdown? Does milk spray? OAL can cause babies to chomp because the super spray of milk is easiest to stop by clamping down for baby. Tongue tie can cause baby to chomp if the tongue cannot easily extend over the gums, so baby tries to compensate for lack of tongue movement by chomping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM

You are not aone, everytime you think you are ...post here there is a mom who has been there or who is there now...keep on trying, use your BM as ointment and see a LC ASAP

sofia0587
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM
I have a forceful letdown and oversupply which causes clamping and eating almost every hour to find ways on kellymom.com to see if you can relieve it and relieve the pain some I've just learn to deal with it lol and I pump once in a while so I can get a break. Good luck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Yes i have introduce a bottle its a nuk. Yes he has a avent pacifer and he uses it. Are the smoothies better? He does choke gag cough almost all the time and yes it sprays when i unlatches to cough it sprays all over his face lol

Quoting Char07:

Have you looked into OAL or tongue tie causing baby to chomp on your nipple? Baby's bad latch it causing him to chomp compressing your nipple, stopping blood flow, and causing your pain. I really recommend against giving bottles in this case because a bad latch is often made much worse by bottles. I am mobile now I can post articles for you in about an hour. I know your pain, it hurts, those gums are strong. Are you giving bottles yet? What about a paci? Does baby choke/gag/cough during letdown? Does milk spray? OAL can cause babies to chomp because the super spray of milk is easiest to stop by clamping down for baby. Tongue tie can cause baby to chomp if the tongue cannot easily extend over the gums, so baby tries to compensate for lack of tongue movement by chomping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM
I have been trying to see one but i have no transportion :(

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

You are not aone, everytime you think you are ...post here there is a mom who has been there or who is there now...keep on trying, use your BM as ointment and see a LC ASAP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Burn this in your brain... whenever you think you're the only one, you are not. It's something that will help you over and over again.

Quoting luvinmybabies20:

I thought i was the only one feeling like this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)