• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minipill??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
I feel like since i have started useing the minipill my supply has decrease(sp). I started takein them like almost a week. Today i have notice that when i pump i only get one oz combine i use to always get 3 oz or more oz. Thats probably the reason my son has been nurseing none stop for the past two or three days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momma1013
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I took it and it never affected my supply. I did have times when it dropped for one reason or another (stress, medicine, life), and would drink mothers milk tea. It always worked after 24 hours. You can also take fenugreek. Good luck, and don't forget your LO will get more from nursing than you will pumping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM

The minipill is known to impact supply for some moms. Your pump output isn't related to this... normal output is half an ounce to two ounces anyway. The constant nursing, however, likely is.

You may do batter with paragard IUD.

annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM
I took that and had similar issues but after about a month or so it seemed to get better... I just ate more oatmeal and drank more yogi tea to keep my supply up and of course i nursed and nursed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)