Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Burnt out

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
DS1: EBF until 8 months, weaned at 18 months (he's now 3) - I genuinely loved bf'ing! And, I couldn't wait for my second nursling!

DS2: is 5 months old and EBF...And, I genuinely dislike bf'ing.

Maybe ppd? Maybe just being busy with 2 kiddos! I don't know. I feel like nursing takes away time from my 3 year old. And the 5 month old is so distracted I seriously have to lock myself on a dark room with him to get him to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM
bfing does slow you down but it does not have to take time away from your other kids. Do you have a sling or something? That may help to nurse in that...that way you can spend time with ur 3yr old and nurse or be with ur 5 month old. Also you can have quiet time in yr room and nurse and cuddle with your 3 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Maybe it is PPD I have 3 and am ebf the 9 month old, still bf the 3 year old at bedtime and I don't feel like it takes away from the older ones. Not anymore than having another child would anyway!
I hope it gets better for you soon :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mirauder
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM
I'm at a crossroads as well. 3 year old don 9 month daughter. I'm so close to a year but, frustrated. My son causes most of the distractions.
chrismom76
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I think maybe there is a hump at around 8-9 months.  I'm right there and have to think of all the benefits to keep myself going.  DH who has always been supportive and said that he would be ok with whatever I decided to do has changed his answers when I complain (at my request).  He now list all the benefits when I get down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)