Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible milk blister? TMI.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 33 weeks pregnant & for the past 2 months I've noticed one bump on each nipple. I looked up photos & everyone I saw seemed to tell me it was a milk blister, and that I should try "popping" it. I tried, & about threw up...

Is it possible to get milk blisters while pregnant? & if so, how do you treat them before you start breast feeding?

Also, I have white dots on my nipple. Doesn't look like a pimple & sometimes I can pull them out. TMI, I know. What's going on?!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
There are special glands that give the nipples oil i forget what they're called. I bet that is what you're seeing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
http://www.007b.com/nipple_gallery.php
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParkersMom1992
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Well now this watery white stuff is coming out of NOT the blister, but other parts of the nipple.

annaica
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Maybe you're leaking colostrum. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/leaking-colostrum.aspx

Quoting ParkersMom1992:

Well now this watery white stuff is coming out of NOT the blister, but other parts of the nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParkersMom1992
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM

FUCK. MY. LIFE.

I was squeezing my breast in front of the computer, reading this shit & my uncle walks in.

geronima2003
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Rotfl! Try putting warm warm cloths on your breast

Quoting ParkersMom1992:

FUCK. MY. LIFE.

I was squeezing my breast in front of the computer, reading this shit & my uncle walks in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon92
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM

oh man. ^ that sucks. It is POSSIBLE that it is a milk blister or they are just glands and if that is the case, you probably shouldn't mess with them. I'd wait to do anything until you can seek medical advice from your OB/midwife or maybe a lactation consultant. I doubt it is a milk blister but it could be. Is there any pain or any engorged feeling? If not I would ASSUME that it is not a milk blister and that they are just glands and you are probably leaking colostrum.

ParkersMom1992
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I'm not messing with them anymore, they bled...

& then my breast got SUPER hard for a few seconds, I don't know wtf is going on. But I know that my uncle will never erase the image of me squeezing my tit to my computer screen.

RutterMama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM

My guess is also colostrum. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)