Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Made It To a Year!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

My little DD just turned one today and i think we are officially done bf :-(...she refuses to latch on and cries...so i give her frozen bm i had in the freezer which should last another couple weeks...plus i just added more hours at work because DH lost his job and i am the only bread winner...but i am so happy to have been able to bf for a whole year and even overcoming an extreme tongue tie,  mastitus twice and her refusing to be without the nipple shield for the whole time(yes 12mths with a nipple shield :-) )...i know i gave her the best start i could...thank you ladies for the advice and encouragement along the way...i am constantly recommending this website and group to all new/expecting/or mature moms i meet

Her Birthday cupcake! sure made a big mess :-)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Aww what a sweetie! Happy Birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Congrats! Happy Birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I also wanted to mention my son went on a nursing strike around 14 months. I thought he was weaning. He didn't want to nurse. Then fabulous ladies here directed me to read about nursing strikes and sure enough it was resolved in a few days. If you still want to nurse, don't give up on her. Keep offering. She may or may not come back to the breast but its worth a shot if you want too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
This is definitely true. Babies practically never self wean before two at the very soonest, but nursing strikes are super common especially at this age.

Quoting angelbabies14:

I also wanted to mention my son went on a nursing strike around 14 months. I thought he was weaning. He didn't want to nurse. Then fabulous ladies here directed me to read about nursing strikes and sure enough it was resolved in a few days. If you still want to nurse, don't give up on her. Keep offering. She may or may not come back to the breast but its worth a shot if you want too :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshlynnRose
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Congrats and Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl! :) I agree with the other mommas.. if you still want to BF, then keep at it. She will come back eventually.... they cant resist the momma milk :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)