Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I dont know what to do anymore Im going crazy!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

My son just turned 12 months old and for the past two weeks he has been wanting to nurse all night long and Im not talking off and on i mean from the moment he goes to bed (8) till he wakes up at 7 the next morning we co-sleep so at first it was not bad Im use to him nursing on and off all night but now it has became too much my nipples Are extremely sore and im getting no sleep at night, last night it got so bad I was just begging him to go to sleep and to let go of my nipple I would unlatch him and try to just rock him and pat him but all he did was scream... Im exhausted and I need some help I don't know if i can physically or mental go threw another night like last night........... Thanks in advance for any advise...

I am A 21 year old pro-life married Mommy to a co-sleeping,Breastfeeding ,Luvs wearing Mommys boy named Donovan born 6wks too early a Daddys girl named Serenity born 5wks to early and our newest baby Jagger born 4wks too early and I could not ask for more:) 

by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CountryGirl0809
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:43 AM
No advice here. Story of my life the past 13 mths. I don't know how to fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAMAsnow91
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Bump
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM

BUMP??

collinsmommy0
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM
12 month growth spurt?

Does he sleep at all in his own crib? Maybe you could try to put him to sleep there then move him to your bed after the first wake up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Have you tried a paci? I know many moms are against them, but at this age it won't confusion and he might just need to soothe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want him nursing all night, time to move him. Great article on changing the sleep pattern in the family bed on drjaygordon.com.

He's 100% normal, though. And you're not allowed to keep your sanity. Part of the motherhood sentence.

ashleigheg
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Is there anyone else in your home who can handle nighttime for a few nights so you can sleep? If so, hand him to them with instructions not to come get you for X amount of hours.

Though, I agree with gdiamante, sanity is gone once you sign the motherhood contract. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Awww honey.  Sounds like he has the need to suckle in all hours of the night.  I was lucky in that we can give my son a pacifier (for the same reason) and it doesn't seem to bother him and his latching.  Perhaps you should give it a shot :)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN