Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:05 AM
  • 13 Replies
Moms still night nursing toddlers in this group? It seems like every time I come to this group there are at least a few posts about wanting to night wean their toddlers. I go back and forth about night weaning my 20 monther but for whatever reason it doesn't feel right for us at this point. So roll call, who is still night nursing toddlers in here? Is anyone not planning on night weaning them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM
My 3 year old doesn't night nurse anymore, but did until he was 2...
Yay you for keeping with it, if it doesn't feel right, don't :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy31210
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:11 AM

you know im still nursing but heres a bump :)

wintermermaid
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:12 AM

My 17 month old toddler still night nurses. We nurse on demand all day and night. We don't plan on weaning at this point. At this at this point my plan is to let him self-wean whenever he chooses to. :-)

blg5484
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM

this is me and i also have a 7 week old nursing my 17 month old nurses a lot more now and wakes up quite a bit at night now we are fightin thrush and i was hurting and thought about weaning but i dont think i could take it she fusses to much if i make her wait 5 seconds so i can get DS streight I have prayed that she would wean on her own LOL but that prayer is unanswered at the moment 

Quoting wintermermaid:

My 17 month old toddler still night nurses. We nurse on demand all day and night. We don't plan on weaning at this point. At this at this point my plan is to let him self-wean whenever he chooses to. :-)

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Ever so rarely I nurse my 27 month old once at night but not so much since she turned two, when she was nursing 2-6 times through the night. Night weaning was the only way I could keep from snapping and all-weaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wintermermaid
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM

every so often I pray for a few hours of sleep without him attached to my nipple! lol but I figure one day at some point I won't have any babies nursing so for now, this is what I am called to

Sunshine_246
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM
My DS is 14 months and night weaning sounds great but it won't happen for a while. I just really want a night of sleep before this baby comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Mine's not a toddler any more. But I night nursed him till he was done. And when he was done... he still didn't sleep at night. Weaning does not equal sleeping.

debbie8701
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Once in a blue moon if my dd wakes up during the night i might have to nurse her but that dont happen very often. (knock on wood) =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:21 AM
I still night nurse my almost 22 month old. I night nursed her older brothers until they were weaned as well.

I'll admit there are nights I wish she'd just sleep but I'm so happy she's still nursing I bf her every time she wants it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)