Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So much support!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
Since my family coming to visit me in MY home and had them making me feel uncomfortable about bf and uneasy too. Here was that post http://www.cafemom.com/group/325/forums/read/15277025/Ugh_lack_of_support_if_you_call_it_that_VENT.

Well this was my first trip to someone else's house. We went out of state to bust my husbands side of the family. I was a bit nervous on how they would be since I had my family almost shame me.
Right when we got here my mil wanted to hold Scarlett (forst time meeting her) and she was so hungry at that point as she slept a long time in the car. My mil picks her up abd cradles her... What does Scarlett do??? She face plants right for her breast and sarts rooting. My mil thought it was so precious. I ten hold her and head downstairs to our room she set up and she says "Candi, where are you going? You stay right up here and feed that baby girl. You do not need to go downstairs"! She then proceeded to grab my husband and hug him and said we fed all of her boys wherever and whenever! Lol my husbands like great mom thanks! My husband is really supportive do now I know why :)
Anyways we went over to my bil new apartment to check it out. I knew Scarlett would have to eat soon. My bil is 21 fresh out of college just dating and having fun do I was a bit nervous... Scarlett needs to nurse right web we get there so I asked if he minded if I go into the kitchen to feed her. He said yes! I think I immediately got red in the face like embareseed. He said sit here and prop your legs up if needed. So I sat on the couch and fed her. He gave my husband and son the tour of the apartment and came back abd gave me water!
Such a very supportive family! Thought I would share! We are going to his step dads tomorrow but I know they are supportive since his wifes daughter bf her kids, I think the youngest is 2 and still bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Randomtrixie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay that's awesome! Sounds like your BIL will make a great husband someday when he settles down!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Thats so awesome, sounds like my hubby's bio dad and his wife, they are super duper supportive, everyone else kinda hassles me

lundaylove
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:36 AM

awesome!

larissalarie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM
That's great, I'm glad they were so supportive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Wow, that is amazing and hard to find!

Both sides of my family breastfeed. My inlaws are much more reserved about it, cause they are reserved in general. I'm by far the most outgoing, loudest and blunt of the group. All the boys, including my husband are very shy about it. My father and mother in law never say anything negative about it and I don't think they ever would. When my mother-in law was here for the birth (actually right afterwards cause I had such a fast birth). I knew I needed to focus on nursing, so I just went topless at the hospital and home lol. I sort of covered afterwards but didn't really. She never said anything. They just act uncomfortable or shy about it. I do go to another room to nurse, because I know it makes them more comfortable. Oh, my sister inlaw and I had a conversation. My inlaws have an adopted baby that was formula fed. he's super smart, like a genius. My sister inlaw talked about feeding as if he was good with it, so formula would be fine. I think she would give formula cause it's more convienent. My other sister-in law I have completly convienced on my side lol.

As for my family, my mother breastfed all ten of us. When my parents visited my baby, they wanted to sight see, so we went everywhere. Obviously the baby got hungry, but it wasn't a big deal AT ALL. They were both completly comfortable with it as were my grandparents. Some of my sisters have visited too and they are all comfortable with it. One of my sisters was facanated with it and asked me a ton of questions and wanted to watch so she could learn lol. He boyfriend was super comfortable with it too, once they were over the whole "what do I do?" and realized I was totally comfortable cause I can cover everything, they never thought it was a big deal.

ceckyl
by Kyla on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM
That's so awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:45 AM
wow! what agreat family! wish my inlaws were like that! :) you're so blessed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)