Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding & salon

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
So when you're at the salon that takes hours what do you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SapphireMomma
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM
I never been to the salon that took more than 20 minutes lol, so I'm no help. How old is the little one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM
The other day I had my husband bring me my daughter while the bar dresser was letting me process. I sat in te car with all windows down and fed her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laciD
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM
It take about 5 hours to highlight my hair. I either pump a sippy cup for my 9 month old, or have DH bring him and nurse him there.

ETA... I do not respond well to a pump. Even my double electric one. It can take me 2 weeks to pump enough for one feeding.
harry209
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM
2 months today

Quoting SapphireMomma:

I never been to the salon that took more than 20 minutes lol, so I'm no help. How old is the little one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok I can do this he has to bring me $$ that I left at home anyways

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

The other day I had my husband bring me my daughter while the bar dresser was letting me process. I sat in te car with all windows down and fed her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SapphireMomma
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:12 AM
I would ask if when you are being processed or whatever is going on, if you can do it in a very well vented area so you can feed baby.

Quoting harry209:

2 months today

Quoting SapphireMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemylovey
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
As a hairstylist I say my first choice is to leave baby with a sitter with pumped milk. That's not always possible and some choose not to. So if you bring your baby and it's a long chemical service, please wait until your hair is processing to nurse because any hair dye, perm solution, or bleach can accidentally be dropped on babys head, body, and eyes while it's being applied. And there isn't much venhilation during the application. Also I wouldn't nurse while your hair is getting cut because little sharp pieces of hair could get in their eyes. So I would just wait to nurse until you're processing or getting blown out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I would have someone to care for baby and when baby is hungry then you ask the hair dresser to give you a moment to nurse, then go back to getting hair done

harry209
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM
She's at home with dh I left breast milk for her, he brought he to me at 9 am since I nursed at 7 & her left the pump so once I very from under dryer going to pump as well. So far so good but in future not coming on a Saturday coming during week and take her to sitter for a few hours :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure last time I was at the salon it wasn't hours, more like minutes when my then three month old wanted to eat. I stuck her under the cape and fed her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)