Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm So Nervous

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
I'm leaving DD next week on Saturday for just over two hours, coming home for two hours, then leaving her again for just over two hours.
I've only been away from her once since she was a newborn, for the same class that I'm taking next week. I totally freaked out and couldn't focus or stay in the classroom.
I'm having DH watch her the first segment, then for the second portion I'm having my mom AND DH watch her.
I know this is silly and a little unreasonable. But it's scary to be away from your baby when you're not used to it. ]:

Eta- I should mention that she's high-needs. Anything out of routine highly disturbs her and she must be glued to me 24/7. I have no idea if we can do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Aw, try to take it easy.  Maybe bring a little comfort object, like one of her cute little baby socks.  Remind yourself WHY you are doing this.  Classes are important!

Know that she is in good hands with DH.  Leave him with some milk, and bring your pump so you can break to pump if you feel the need.

To stay focused, try taking notes during the class.  If you find yourself drifting, write something down!  Take some mint gum with you.  Mint can help improve your focus.

Plan to call before you drive home, so you have peace of mind everything is still OK. 

You can't be with them forever, and at least this is small breaks!

Best of luck!

jnttd
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM
I'll take the lack of responses as everyone is too busy laughing at me or rolling their eyes. Lol.
I've said I was going to attend this course I need for school for several months but, in the days before, I always chicken out on leaving her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Thank you. [: I'm already teary-eyed just reading this stuff.
She's a little too old for me to need to pump. It would be embarrassing if I admitted how old she is. Lol.
But I will take something of hers.
The lunch break is only 30mins (and we live 5mins away) but I'm taking 2 hours anyway to feed her and give her a nap. Heh.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Aw, try to take it easy.  Maybe bring a little comfort object, like one of her cute little baby socks.  Remind yourself WHY you are doing this.  Classes are important!

Know that she is in good hands with DH.  Leave him with some milk, and bring your pump so you can break to pump if you feel the need.

To stay focused, try taking notes during the class.  If you find yourself drifting, write something down!  Take some mint gum with you.  Mint can help improve your focus.

Plan to call before you drive home, so you have peace of mind everything is still OK. 

Best of luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherofjb
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM
I had a class that was 4 hours just like yours! I took my daughter! She was 3 months at the time. I took a blanket for her to lay on and sat in the back. I do it now as well. The class is only 1 hr 45 min, she is 16 months and knows how to sit quietly, talk quietly, and be well behaved! She even nurses during the class!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Lol, she'll be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM
I would love to take DD. Last time I had DH come along and keep her in the waiting room for half of the class (and just bring her in to nurse occasionally). But she's high-needs and can't sit still or do anything quietly.

Quoting motherofjb:

I had a class that was 4 hours just like yours! I took my daughter! She was 3 months at the time. I took a blanket for her to lay on and sat in the back. I do it now as well. The class is only 1 hr 45 min, she is 16 months and knows how to sit quietly, talk quietly, and be well behaved! She even nurses during the class!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:44 AM
No, probably not. She's high needs and extremely attached to me. I can't leave her sight.
And even if she will be fine without me, that doesn't mean I will be fine without her.

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, she'll be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:46 AM
It might be hard, but you guys will get through it!

Quoting jnttd:

No, probably not. She's high needs and extremely attached to me. I can't leave her sight.

And even if she will be fine without me, that doesn't mean I will be fine without her.

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, she'll be fine!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Aw, don't be embarrassed.  Everybody has their moments.  Can you talk to your instructor about any of this?  Maybe they could help you out a bit, keep you engaged in the lesson or look the other way when you come in late for lunch.

Quoting jnttd:

She's a little too old for me to need to pump. It would be embarrassing if I admitted how old she is. Lol.
The lunch break is only 30mins (and we live 5mins away) but I'm taking 2 hours anyway to feed her and give her a nap. Heh.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Best of luck!

jnttd
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM
The last teacher said I could bring DD, but she's just not that kind of kid. /: She also said I could come and go as needed because I'm breastfeeding. [: But she's on maternity leave and I've never met this teacher. I'm going to tell her I need extra time at lunch. I hope she understands!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Aw, don't be embarrassed.  Everybody has their moments.  Can you talk to your instructor about any of this?  Maybe they could help you out a bit, keep you engaged in the lesson or look the other way when you come in late for lunch.

Quoting jnttd:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Best of luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)