Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cutting out a bf/ttc ??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hello,
Little bit of background I currently bf my 17 month old son 2x a day when he wakes and again before he goes to sleep. I also have not had my ppaf and have been ttc since May with no luck. I have looked into Vitex but doctors and herbalist say don't take it while bfing. So I am wondering if I stopped bfing weekday mornings could I still bf on weekend mornings or do u think my milk would dry up or I would confuse my son? To try and get ppaf to come.
Thank you ladies
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aamommy2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:12 AM

it shouldnt dry up within the week, but you're going to experience some engorgement.

it may not be so much as confusing him, but he wont like it.

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I would drop the morning feed seven days a week. Then drop your other feeding seven days a week. I wouldn't mix it because it's your own body that would just get confused.

Vitex did absolutely zero for me... doesn't mean it won't work for you but fair warning. I had extremely irregular periods and the Vitex didn't change that. Took childbirth to change it!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

I would drop the morning feed seven days a week. Then drop your other feeding seven days a week. I wouldn't mix it because it's your own body that would just get confused.

Vitex did absolutely zero for me... doesn't mean it won't work for you but fair warning. I had extremely irregular periods and the Vitex didn't change that. Took childbirth to change it!

Agreed and Vitex did nothing for the 2 moms I know personally that used it

ecagle
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Vitex did nothing for me in terms of ovulating/starting a cycle.  I ended up on a high dose of Clomid, progesterone, and ultrasounds monitering my cycle...but I have a beautiful baby boy :D

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

ecagle
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Just want to add that a few friends never got AF or pregnant until they completely weaned...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)