Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i have to wean :(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM
  • 19 Replies

my ds is almost 25 months and is still a boobie monster but lately my left side has been in sooooooooooo much pain! and i dont know why. theres a little chaffing from a time he bit me (oh yes he lost boobie rights for 20 mins lol). and my right is sore but not as bad. 

for the left it feels like fire in my brest after he tries to nurse, and anything that touches my nipple hurts really bad. i had mastitis a year or so ago but it was way diffrent. :(

any advice? im not sure how much more i can do. 

p.s. i know he dosent absolutly need it BUT he has a very very very low immune system and has already been sick for the past month now with pnumonia, brocitas, a cold, and now again pnumonia. so to me he still does really need it. pumping is out of the question he refuses anything other then the tap lol.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Thrush perhaps?  Could also be a change in his latch or your menstrual cycle- I always get tender right before my cycle.

SimplyErathy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM

i havent seen any sign in his mouth or around my nipples can you have it with out any visible signs? and i havent menstrated since jan 2010 lol

Quoting preacherskid:

Thrush perhaps?  Could also be a change in his latch or your menstrual cycle- I always get tender right before my cycle.

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:57 AM
Well maybe your cycle is returning. I'm jealous btw. Mine always showed up at 6 weeks pp!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:01 AM
I wouldn't wean, I would try to fix the issue! It could be thrush. It also could be hormones. For me nursing became unbearable when I got pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Could you be pregnant? I had thrush with my middle child and it burned when he nursed, so maybe get checked for that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Yes you can have it with no signs- last time I had it the only sign (besides the burning nipples) was that they were more pink than usual.  Anah didn't start getting spots in her mouth until after the burning had been around for a few days.

lifetimelove
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:08 AM
I get unbearable nipple pain when I'm premenstrual
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Quoting larissalarie: I wouldn't wean, I would try to fix the issue! It could be thrush. It also could be hormones. 

katieabril
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Idk what to say about this sorry? but how do u breastfeed with the baby having teeth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM
sounds like thrush
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)